Theme Songs on Roku

roaku
Go to solution Solved by speechles,

roaku

I could have sworn Emby Roku supported theme music for movies, but I can't get it working currently.

It's not working on my 9.4.0 Roku or the ones that are now on the dreaded 10.0.0.

I've checked both release and beta.

On web and Android, a theme plays back in the single item view of a movie just fine, and I can see the playback entry in the log.

On Roku, there's no playback and no evidence of attempted playback in the log.

Did I imagine theme support in Roku or did it break recently?

roaku
8 minutes ago, ebr said:

What is the format of the song?

I have MP3s and FLACs in place for different movies.

Neither are currently working for me on Roku.

I recall MP3s working in the past.

I didn't add any FLACs until yesterday. Troubleshooting that is what led me to realize the MP3s weren't working anymore, either.

Edited by roaku

4 minutes ago, roaku said:

I recall MP3s working in the past.

My test TV series with an mp3 theme song is working.  Not sure if I have a movie with one...

roaku
10 minutes ago, ebr said:

My test TV series with an mp3 theme song is working.  Not sure if I have a movie with one...

Ok. I don't currently have any TV with themes, so I'll try adding one to see if the behavior is different.

Most of my themes are full length tracks from soundtrack albums. Is there any file size or time limits that you know of that might affect Roku?

roaku

I just tested with TV shows and experienced the same behavior.

The Android app picked up and played back the theme immediately. The Roku app acts like it doesn't exist.

I use the 'theme-music' folder convention, but I've now also tested with the 'theme.mp3' convention and got the same results across Emby apps.

Server log from entering one of these items on the Roku?  Debug mode, please.

roaku
45 minutes ago, ebr said:

Server log from entering one of these items on the Roku?  Debug mode, please.

I PMed you a rotated debug log captured after letting the single item view display on the Roku for a few minutes.

• Solution

@roaku It should not matter what the codec is for the theme. Are you sure you have the setting enabled in the playback setting of the Roku app?

What might happen is it might say it isn't able to play the theme music. The fallback presently isn't there for theme music. That is coming though.

The Roku fully supports theme music for anything that enters the detail screen. This includes collections, movies, series, etc..

Edited by speechles
  • Thanks 1

roaku
16 minutes ago, speechles said:

@roaku It should not matter what the codec is for the theme. Are you sure you have the setting enabled in the playback setting of the Roku app?

What might happen is it might say it isn't able to play the theme music. The fallback presently isn't there for theme music. That is coming though.

The Roku fully supports theme music for anything that enters the detail screen. This includes collections, movies, series, etc..

Thanks for reminding me about that setting...because that was the issue.

Theme playback is restored on my Rokus with both MP3s and FLACs.

I had theme playback enabled previously but it was somehow disabled again and I didn't think to check its current state.

I upgraded routers a few days ago, so maybe it happened then.

Thanks again.

Edited by roaku
  • Like 1