How do I delete cache etc on AS5304T?

tisron13
Go to solution Solved by tisron13,

tisron13

Hi,

I'd like to know how to delete all my libraries in order to start over. So far I can delete individual libraries, and stop and uninstall Emby. However when I reinstall Emby, all the libraries and content I want to get rid off, reappears on Emby. On the settings pages the location of the cache, logs, meta data etc are given but I cannot find them anywhere on the NAS. Any ideas as to where they are. My NAS is an Asustor AS5304T Nimbustor. Thanks in advance.

regards,

Ronnie

Jägs

Did you install it from App Central or manually?  If the former, try to remove using App Central.  Then, check the following path, which is where Emby is installed on my AS5304T:

/usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server

If that path exists, delete it.  Then, try to reinstall again. 

If content comes back again, check the other paths Emby uses by going into the server dashboard, and scrolling all the way down to the bottom of the page where it says "Paths."  Yours may be different than mine, but we have the same hardware, so I suspect not (see attached image).  Stop the server, delete these paths, delete the AppCentral path from above and see if this remedies the issue.

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 19.56.57.png

• 2 weeks later...
tisron13

Hi Jägs

Sorry about taking so long to reply, been waiting for a new PC to be delivered.

I installed from app central, and uninstalled from app central. When I reinstall I have the libraries back that I'm trying to get rid of.

When I first used Emby I actually had it on my PC HD, and deleting cache was easy. 

I now have it on an NAS and I can't see where this would be deleted from. 

Settings gives the locations, but I can't find them. When I go to these locations there is nothing there, or the location is not there. Are they hidden, if so how to reveal?

So any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Ronnie

Dariusz
12 minutes ago, tisron13 said:

Hi Jägs

Sorry about taking so long to reply, been waiting for a new PC to be delivered.

I installed from app central, and uninstalled from app central. When I reinstall I have the libraries back that I'm trying to get rid of.

When I first used Emby I actually had it on my PC HD, and deleting cache was easy. 

I now have it on an NAS and I can't see where this would be deleted from. 

Settings gives the locations, but I can't find them. When I go to these locations there is nothing there, or the location is not there. Are they hidden, if so how to reveal?

So any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Ronnie

easiest way would be to get something life filezilla and ssh into your NAS.  from there go all the way to root and follow this path.. volume1/home/emby and there you will find your cache folder and other system folders as well.. keep in mind you will not be able to access this from within the NAS file manager, you need to ssh into the NAS.. 

image.png.1d7508d547ef09595c50e1cf3168b2c7.png

tisron13

Thanks for that Dariusz, I'll give it a try. I'll let you know how I get on. May be a while, but I will get back to you.

• Solution
tisron13

Hi again Dariusz. Yay I managed to get to the cache etc to delete it so I can start over. Thank you for your help. Ronnie