QNAP TVS-671 - QTS 4.5.3.1652 No streams Issue

jb007mi6
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

jb007mi6

HI All

My QNAP has just updated to 4.5.3 and I now cannot play any media on Emby.

I have a nVidia Shield Pro and all i get from that when i try to play anything on that is a message saying Giving up Too Many errors.

I have tried to play from Chrome and i get the error no streams are available.

I have turned on debug for the log files and attached, any ideas? Or has anyone seen this on 4.5.3?

Everything was working 100% before the update, and I am wondering if this will affect others who update.

Mike

embyserver.txt

jb007mi6

I have downgraded to 4.5.2.1630 and now everything is working again.

Defo don't upgrade to 4.5.3 

@Luke I don't know if you want to compare the logs so I have attached them for you. Might be something to keep an eye on if QNAP are changing something.

I know that 4.5.3 removes Plex but that is only because the developer isn't updating it anymore but there could be more changes that have broken Emby.

Mike

ffmpeg-transcode-6f359c69-47e1-437e-8468-afc07b2b858e_1 Broken.txt ffmpeg-transcode-afb04d99-3085-4645-8210-6b6c8e9b8373_1 Working.txt embyserver Broken.txt embyserver Working.txt

HI, is it possible that this is your issue instead? Related to your SMB share?

2021-05-03 22:14:29.108 Info Server: http/1.1 GET http://192.168.1.200:8096/emby/videos/26808/stream.mkv?DeviceId=1a02ae57e6420202&MediaSourceId=aecbd7cf8474368b072f82c81d8e9db5&Static=true&PlaySessionId=0205f13f995941d18cefe2284f918de6. Connection=Keep-Alive, Accept-Encoding=identity, Host=192.168.1.200:8096, User-Agent=Emby/1.8.55g (Linux;Android 9) ExoPlayerLib/2.11.8, Icy-MetaData=1
2021-05-03 22:14:29.115 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.4.0
	Command line: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata -ffdetect /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffprobe -defaultdirectory /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA -updatepackage emby-server-qnap_{version}_x86_64.qpkg
	Operating system: Linux version 4.14.24-qnap (root@U16BuildServer123) (gcc version 4.9.2 (toolchain config: [gcc-4.9.2 binutils-2.25 glibc-2.21])) #1 SMP Wed Apr 28 10:
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata
	Application path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system
	SharpCifs.Smb.SmbAuthException: SharpCifs.Smb.SmbAuthException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

jb007mi6

Hi Luke

It could be related to the SMB shared, however no settings have changed on the NAS and the share is set to allow all users even guests as it is only internal.

No settings have changed on the NAS only it updating to 4.5.3, I checked the SMB share and I could still access it from all my machines and everything else appeared to be working ok. I didn't have to re enter any credentials for access from any other machine, any other program that I tried could access the share so I thought it must be an Emby issue. I downgraded to 4.5.2 again no settings have been changed and everything now works.

The SMB share appears to be the same and have the same permissions, only thing I can think of is if the update changes some settings that I can't find and I need to re apply the permissions? The only thing that is strange is everything else can still access the share and I have no other issues.

Mike

jb007mi6

Hi @Luke

I have just updated to 4.5.3 again and have checked everything and nothing will play again. I have double checked my permissions and everything appears to be correct. Nothing has changed on the NAS other than the update, I know QNAPs use a hidden user for Emby so is it possible something has changed how the user is setup with the update? 

I can't see the setting for the Emby user but I understand it is in the administrators group and that has the relevant permissions to the SMB share. To be honest I have only the admin user on the NAS and everything has full access permissions.

Any ideas?

Mike

Permissions.jpg

• Solution

Regardless, I would suggest adding your folders to Emby Server differently. Currently you have imported smb shares directly into Emby.

What I would suggest instead is mount the smb share to a local path using the QNAP software. Then add that local path into Emby Server instead.

jb007mi6

Hi Luke

I have taken your advice and changed the shares to a local path and that appears to have fixed the issue.

I had been meaning to do this for a while as previously I had x2 devices and added the shares to Emby via IP. Once I had consolidated everything I never changed them and should have got round to it.

It's still strange how if you add them to Emby using IP it causes the issue with the new QTS firmware. I tested it with x2 libraries, one done via IP and the other using a local path and the issue still remained for the IP library on the new QTS firmware. However everything worked fine on the old QTS firmware.

Is there a whitepaper anywhere on best practices for setting up Emby on a QNAP? That way I can go through everything.

Mike

Thanks for the feedback.

Is there a whitepaper anywhere on best practices for setting up Emby on a QNAP? That way I can go through everything.

This is a general best practice right now on all Linux based platforms. We need to get the guidance directly into the user interface to avoid the problem in the first place.