Cant View MP3s On Emby App But Can On Webpage

Funky me

Funky me

Hello everyone, IVE had my Emby app on my Android mobile for over a year now and have around 300 albums on there.

I've recently noticed that a few folders, when I go into them to view tracks I cant see them, it will play them but I cant see them.

what makes it so frustrating I tried via WAN Access, and YES I can view them.

This has just happened all of a sudden, I've tried re installing my Emby app, and still the same.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

Hi there, what version of the Emby app are you running? What version of Emby Server?

Funky me

And Server version 4.4.3.0, it was working all fine before hand, not sure what happened, I'm not to competent on how to install the latest version as I've seen a few people are having issues and I'm not too sure this will resolve my issue as I can view them on the web? 

Apart from the latest update do you have any other tips?

What are you running Emby Server on? Are you able to update to Emby Server 4.5.4?

Funky me

I am running my emby on my Synology DS918+, I've had a look for the new update but not to sure which is mine plus all other comments sound a bit too confusing, don't really want to mess everything else up.

Funky me

If you could be so kind too send me the direct link i will try and over wright the original one as I don't want to loose all media on there.

Funky me

Do you honestly think this would solve my problem as most of my albums i can see them on my android phone?

Can you please attach the emby server log? we might be able to see what's going on. But in general, yes, I would suggest updating.

Our Synology process has moved to a standalone package that you can download now and install in the Synology web interface:

https://emby.media/synology-server.html

We're also working on getting listed in the official Synology app store.

Funky me

Hi Luke, I have managed to update my Emby server to 4.5.4 and still no luck.

Server log

image.thumb.png.3a5aad231c9ad76215a27d07727a7e1f.png

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log to this forum posting? That is only a screenshot of your log files list. Thanks.

Funky me

I HAVE MANAGED TO SORT MY PROBLEM, EMBY MUST OF CHANGED ITS POLICY WITHOUT ANY ANNOUNCMENT.

ALBUM AND ALBUM ARTIST HAVE TO NOW BE FILLED IN, OTHERWISE YOU WONT BE ABLE TO SEE YOUR TRACK LIST ON YOUR EMBY APP.

NOW I HAVE TO SPEND WEEKS GOING BACK AND CHECKING IF THEY ARE ALL NAMED, ( ALL DONE ANYWAY, TILL NEXT TIME.)

THANK YOU.

New Picture.bmp

Hi, you can still see track lists by browsing the "Folders" tab under your music library.