Clear / Remove All Download Queue

jealves

jealves

Hello all

i am kind of desperate here. I cant find any valid information anywhere regarding this issue (for me is an issue)

How can i Clear / Remove All Download Queue.

Mean, i use Emby Theater from MS App Store. I got to my profile and under "Manage Downloads" i have some dozens of files...

Because of this my Emby is hanging and seems stalled in a endless refreshing circle...

I tried to remove one by one, but because its too big, it hangs.

Any proper way to clear this at once? instead of "one by one"? 

Can it be implemented please? I think it will benefit other user as well.

Thx in advance

• Like 1

Hi, Have you tried killing these on the Emby Server vs the app?

Maybe ask the server admin to do it for you.  That may be the easiest way.

How many do you have? Yes i agree we should add a way to remove them all. We will look at improving this. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 2

jealves

Btw, i am not able to do it from server side. No access.

so i am stuck here, with a never ending circle spinning.. Why not use for example FTP clients approach? create a local queue.. and when such file / folder is gonna be downloaded, it will simply connect to end server and do his thing. We can always delete FTP queue easily as select one by one or select all from the list..

Can you please focus on this? prior to other things? i am sorry to ask this, but i don't believe i am the only one facing this problem

note: i have more than 300+ files in queue..

Edited by jealves
  • Sad 1

• 1 year later...

Maybe you just have so many that it seems that way? The screen seems to be working ok for me, though it is overdue for a redesign.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
amazingstories

FYI - I can remove downloads but I cannot remove all downloads for myself (or another user) when logged into the server. Also, when I click Download in the Emby App, it doesn't register right away - so each push of the download button results in another set of downloads being requested.  Wondering if we can disable the download button or show the spinner while processing is taking place since nagivation only happens after the download queue has been initialized with all the elements. Or we could make the initialization of the download queue asynchronous. Obviously, I did not know the download queue was being populated on the app.  Please let me know if I need to report this in a different forum.

I'm only mentioning this because I managed to get 50 odd queues of 237 items on a local network. My server is running in a virtual server with 4G of ram on a dual-core Xeon in Qemu KVM using turnkey-linux.

Would really help to have a set of checkboxes of which items to remove/delete instead of one at a time.

Edited by amazingstories

amazingstories

Ok - I canceled all the downloads on the server. But the app is still cycling through failed downloads. i'm not sure what the issues is. I did temporarily set my account to not allow downloads to at least avoid downloading the files. That part worked. But I can't seem to kill the download queue itself. The app is not showing a cancel downloads option. It only shows the remove completed downloads options.

On 1/1/2023 at 8:54 AM, amazingstories said:

Ok - I canceled all the downloads on the server. But the app is still cycling through failed downloads. i'm not sure what the issues is. I did temporarily set my account to not allow downloads to at least avoid downloading the files. That part worked. But I can't seem to kill the download queue itself. The app is not showing a cancel downloads option. It only shows the remove completed downloads options.

Hi, why exactly do you think it's cycling through the failed downloads?

amazingstories
On 1/4/2023 at 3:15 PM, Luke said:

Hi, why exactly do you think it's cycling through the failed downloads?

Easy.

Steps to replicate.

1. Start download for a large number of files on the app.

2. Wait for some to complete.

3. Stop the app

4. Clear the cache and storage of the app

5. Block the account from downloading on the server.

6. Delete all downloads from the server interface.

6. Log back into the app.

7. Watch the downloads fail one after another.

Another scenario (after re-enabling the account)

1. Download a bunch of series - lots of files.

2. Go to the requested series which is not yet complete

3. Delete the series

4. Watch the series continue to download

I deleted a series with 300 files. I stopped at file 5. It is still downloading. There is nowhere I can go to cancel the download queue that I know of.

I didn't think to capture screenshots of scenario 1 and 2.

Can you tell me where I go to kill further downloads?

Screenshot_20230106-071656_Emby.jpg

amazingstories

Also, I'm not sure why but some of my downloads just magically disappear. I've downloaded this one series multiple times, and it stays and then it goes away. Do downloads disappear when the library is rescanned?

amazingstories

Here's another one. I have 32 episodes in a 2 series. I downloaded one season previously. The season disappeared. I have since tried to download. The emby app thinks there are 12 missing and that episodes 1-4 are present. After the download only pulled 5-16, I downloaded the series again. And then individually deleted episodes 1, 2, 3 and 4 which thought they were downloaded (blue arrow). Then I downloaded the season again. Still only 12 episdoes. 5-16. So difficult to figure out what's going on. When I look on the server, the server still thinks that the 12 episodes I most recently DELETED from downloads are still downloaded. Let's see what happens if I delete the downloads on the server. Oh - and the other series that disappeared from my downloads - the server still thinks they're downloaded. Removing those and starting over and seeing what happens.

Could any of this be caused by the fact that some of my series have hundreds of episodes? Or that I started more than one download before they were all finished?

Edited by amazingstories

Are these items you have already watched and have more to sync?  They could be getting removed to make room for additional download you selected for offline use.

Carlo

• 1 year later...
iPhoneMaxPro
On 1/20/2023 at 4:39 AM, Luke said:

Hi, we are looking into improving this. Thanks for the feedback.

"remove download button in emby application"

I didn't find anything about this topic... in case I'll open a new one if you confirm, thanks 🙏

basically for all the users who have disabled the download they continue to see the button even if they can't download... here I think the server is missing the option to remove it. Thanks for your attention 😊 I hope that with future updates we can hide the icon on mobile devices. 📲

amazingstories

I see no download button in the test user I have. Are you using the app?? On the web-server I do not see it. What version are you running?

I'm running: 4.7.14.0

14 hours ago, iPhoneMaxPro said:

"remove download button in emby application"

I didn't find anything about this topic... in case I'll open a new one if you confirm, thanks 🙏

basically for all the users who have disabled the download they continue to see the button even if they can't download... here I think the server is missing the option to remove it. Thanks for your attention 😊 I hope that with future updates we can hide the icon on mobile devices. 📲

HI, what exactly is seen and where?

iPhoneMaxPro
14 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, what exactly is seen and where?

this can be seen on the mobile device (iPhone from the App Store) so even if I disable the download, users still see the download button (in the app below) even if they can't download anything

IMG_2154.jpeg

16 hours ago, amazingstories said:

Aha! App is a separate product. Luke, who owns the emby app?

We do. What app are you referring to that is a separate product?

• Thanks 1

iPhoneMaxPro
On 2/11/2024 at 6:43 AM, Luke said:

We do. What app are you referring to that is a separate product?

Thanks, I'm waiting for an update on the app store to remove the download icon 😊