Live TV recordings not working with NextPVR backend server

Pseudomax

Pseudomax

Hi

I think this has been asked previously... but I can't seem to fix the problem...

I have an Ubuntu server that has NextPVR installed and manages playback/channels etc ( I am still waiting for the Emby version that has the broader functionality).

Everything works as it should, but when I record a programme (using Emby to interface with NextPVR) I get a recording of the .ts file but emby is unable to play this back? I have tried transcoding with NextPVR, I have manually changed ownership of the files to "emby:emby" from "nextpvr:nextpvr" in case it was a permissions problem... but nothing works. The file is recognised as existing as I get all the metadata but no playback. Note... I can play the same stream live without problems...

Please could someone let me know the right settings for this?

Thanks

Pseudomax

Hi Luke, apologies, I should have expected the response...

However, I also have an update! After a few days of trying all sorts of settings I disovered that if I try to play the recording via the NextPVR folder that is on my home screen it fails but, if I add the folder to the recordings library and play this way then it works?! Not sure why...