Camera upload issues on iPhone

edelvalle00

edelvalle00

Hello,

I am having issues Uploading camera pictures from iPhone 8. First when I enabled the feature on the app, it uploaded a video and about 4 pictures, although the pictures showed empty (which makes me think it's not permissions issue). After about 2-3 days that nothing happened, I uninstalled the app on the iPhone, deleted the device from the server, and deleted the camerauploads\iphone folder to start from scratch. I installed the app, logged on, configured cameraupload and nothing, this time is not even creating the "iPhone" folder. 

Log is attached and my server config for camera:image.thumb.png.2c0ba0137d95511d3430c884378310df.png

Second question, if I have a second iPhone, would it create another "iPhone" folder under cameraupload folder?

embyserver.txt

Hi there, you'll need to enable it in the app again. did you do that?

edelvalle00

Hi Luke, yes, after reinstalling the app on iPhone, I re-enabled the feature by checking the check boxes under camera uploads > Upload servers: DV-Media and Update only on WiFi (I am on WiFi). As well as under "folder to Upload"; I believe that is how it is enabled, I have done this before on Android and it worked on Android.

Ok, try taking some new pictures and giving it some time to see if they get uploaded .thanks.

edelvalle00

How long should I wait? I tried a couple of pictures, this time it did created the "IPhone" folder and uploaded just those 2 pictures; although the pictures cannot be displayed in Emby server through the web interface neither the iphone app, but if I open the folder in Windows File Explorer, I can open and display the picture..

Have the images uploaded? Keep in mind the emby app needs to be running on the iOS device. It's OK to put it in the background and use another app, but if you swipe close it, then the system background process that we register will not be able to run.

edelvalle00

Hi Luke,

It only uploads the last picture, it won't upload the rest, and it shows as an empty picture in my emby server. I tried snapping a new picture and it just uploaded that new one and still shows as empty/broken in emby server and clients. I am attaching the latest logs.

thank you.

embyserver.txt

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
chacawaca

Last stable server, last IOS version, i have similar problem uploaded picture all show as empty, they dont open with windows viewer. Only gimp can open them, if i resave them they now work in emby. That let me think something is wrong with picture format saving.  I can send a log if needed, but i think its not the first time i report this bug.

movie upload from iphone work well.

2 hours ago, chacawaca said:

Last stable server, last IOS version, i have similar problem uploaded picture all show as empty, they dont open with windows viewer. Only gimp can open them, if i resave them they now work in emby. That let me think something is wrong with picture format saving.  I can send a log if needed, but i think its not the first time i report this bug.

movie upload from iphone work well.

Hi, yes it's our server image processor not being able to handle the format. We're looking into it. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
On 6/29/2021 at 6:37 PM, Luke said:

Hi, yes it's our server image processor not being able to handle the format. We're looking into it. Thanks.

Any progress on this?

• 2 weeks later...
edelvalle00

Luke, sorry for not getting back you!!

Last time I checked I was still having that issue, but I don't have an iPhone anymore, I have an Android, I can check with Android and let you know.

Thanks for the follow up.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 10:07 AM, 4fred said:

Dear friends, it's now 2022 and my guess is that this is either forgotten or really really hard to solve?

We're looking into this, thanks.

• Thanks 1

edelvalle00

Just FYI, as I mentioned before, I do not have an iPhone anymore, I have an Android and I can confirm camera uploads work for me on Android.