Bug - Live TV menu scrolling

mike3821

mike3821

So basically scrolling through the program section and looking at what’s on. If I am a bunch of shows or movies over and select the content to read on it and back out it will refresh and only show one third of what’s on. It won’t allow scrolling anymore. I have to back out to the main page and back into programs.

i am on the latest android app using a shield and I have the most up to date server.

This also happens on my google TV.

Edited by mike3821

Hi.  Can you please tell me exactly where "the program section" is that you are doing this and also the version number of the app?

Thanks.

mike3821
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Can you please tell me exactly where "the program section" is that you are doing this and also the version number of the app?

Thanks.

Server: 4.5.4.0

Android App: 1.8.55g

It happens under the live tv program section and the main screen where it shows what’s on now. 

Okay, this may be corrected in the new version that is under review with Google now.  Let's re-visit this once you have that update.

Thanks.

mike3821
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

Okay, this may be corrected in the new version that is under review with Google now.  Let's re-visit this once you have that update.

Thanks.

Okay awesome. Any ETA on their approval process?

Lastly, take a look at adding an option for a recall button. I really think most people will utilize such a feature. 

Edited by mike3821

Just now, mike3821 said:

Any ETA on their approval process?

Sorry, no they don't give us any insight on that.

Just now, mike3821 said:

take a look at option of adding a recall button

This is already supported in the app if your remote has that button.

mike3821
Just now, ebr said:

Sorry, no they don't give us any insight on that.

This is already supported in the app if your remote has that button.

How? I use a shield remote. If not possible with that can it be programmed on my harmony and how?

13 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

can it be programmed on my harmony and how?

Program something to the "last channel" button.  In Android speak it is keycode_last_channel.

mike3821
6 minutes ago, ebr said:

Program something to the "last channel" button.  In Android speak it is keycode_last_channel.

Got it to work programming the button to send f3.

any buttons that can be mapped for recording?

34 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

any buttons that can be mapped for recording?

keycode_media_record

mike3821
11 minutes ago, ebr said:

keycode_media_record

Is there documentation somewhere for this?

8 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

Is there documentation somewhere for this?

There is this pinned topic by a user.  All the buttons that you would expect to work if you have a remote with those buttons will work as you expect (e.g. record, last channel, etc.) so no documentation is really required for the vast majority of situations.

mike3821
7 hours ago, ebr said:

There is this pinned topic by a user.  All the buttons that you would expect to work if you have a remote with those buttons will work as you expect (e.g. record, last channel, etc.) so no documentation is really required for the vast majority of situations.

Okay.

Since Logitech has pulled the plug on their harmony division, your team should consider doing it has a double play/pause button. 

Or a little button on the playback down menu.

Via the OSD I think would be best if going to do this so it would be consistent across all apps.

13 hours ago, mike3821 said:

Okay.

Since Logitech has pulled the plug on their harmony division, your team should consider doing it has a double play/pause button. 

A double play/pause button?! (O_o); ?

You mean to support jump to last channel? A new icon just for it. What about all the other behaviors for buttons users want? Where do they fit?

image.png

We need something like this. A single button known as the "smart button".

In settings for playback would be behaviors to apply to this smart button which could be anything. A little icon on the smart button icon could alert you to which behavior that smart button is going to do. In this way you have a programmable button that you can choose what it does. That would satisfy this as well as many others under one nutshell. The same way the Roku has the 1 & 2 buttons you can program with voice commands. The smart button on the OSD could be tailored to the specific behavior you would want. Sound nice?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, mike3821 said:

The app actually used to have one.  Virtually no one knew what it was or used it apparently because no one noticed when it went away.

I noticed it was gone, but I never used it so it was one less icon to have on the OSD. :)

Just curious, do you flip back and forth a lot watching TV?  During ads and stuff?

I know we all use the system differently but I don't watch much live tv except sports.  Other than that I typically record so I can skip commercials. Of course that's just me and my use.

mike3821
5 minutes ago, cayars said:

Just curious, do you flip back and forth a lot watching TV?  During ads and stuff?

I know we all use the system differently but I don't watch much live tv except sports.  Other than that I typically record so I can skip commercials. Of course that's just me and my use.

Always flipping back and forth. Yes during commercials and when the kids want to see something and I want to check on something else or just channel changing.

I use it all the time on my other system which I’m scrapping.

• Like 1

mike3821
On 02/05/2021 at 11:49, ebr said:

Thanks.

No difference after the update.

mike3821
17 minutes ago, ebr said:

Okay, I see the issue now.  Thanks.

Okay good. Is it something I can resolve on my end? Or does this require a bug fix?