and the .env is

PUID=1000
PGID=998
USERDIR=/home/ubuntu
TZ=UTC
EMBY_PORT_1=8096
EMBY_PORT_2=8920

in the final step of emby wizard i get these errors;

Uncaught (in promise) Error: Load failed: wizard/wizardagreement: http://10.0.0.20:8096/web/wizard/wizardagreement.js?v=4.3.1.0
    at HTMLScriptElement.<anonymous> (alameda.js:1)

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)

:8096/web/index.html?start=wizard#!/wizard/wizardagreement.html:1 Uncaught (in promise) Response
apiclient.js?v=4.3.1.0:1 POST http://10.0.0.20:8096/emby/Startup/RemoteAccess 403 (Forbidden)

getFetchPromise @ apiclient.js?v=4.3.1.0:1
ApiClient.fetch @ apiclient.js?v=4.3.1.0:1
ApiClient.ajax @ apiclient.js?v=4.3.1.0:1
save @ wizardremoteaccess.js?v=4.3.1.0:1
onSubmit @ wizardremoteaccess.js?v=4.3.1.0:1
:8096/web/index.html?start=wizard#!/wizard/wizardagreement.html:1 Uncaught (in promise) Response {type: "basic", url: "http://10.0.0.20:8096/emby/Startup/RemoteAccess",redirected: false, status: 403, ok: false, …}

any ideas?

Edited by Bonesoul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Riggs

@@Luke Can you check why Emby always change the permissions after each update on docker? 

I need to reset the permission and acl's of my shares every time that I update Emby.

Thanks. 

Perhaps it's the docker container doing that? There's nothing directly in emby server that checks or changes permissions.

• Like 1

Riggs

Perhaps it's the docker container doing that? There's nothing directly in emby server that checks or changes permissions.

Okay, thank you, I will going to check.

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening all, dear @Luke,

My family and I love Emby and we have been using it for quite a while now. The investment into Emby Premiere was a good one. I am running the Emby docker on my OpenMediaVault system. Being a tech enthusiast but not a linux expert at all, I have so far always been successful to resolve my issues searching this forum. But after hours or rather days of unsuccessful searching, it's time for my first post, and I hope it's the right location for it...

My issue: I want to run a post-processing script (Emby DVR) to cut commercials, convert the .TS to .MKV, extract subtitles etc. And I have found installation guides for comskip and comchap as well as suitable scripts. I have installed comskip, comchap etc. on the docker host system (debian). Calling the post-processing script from the Emby container however doesn't work as the Emby container - so my understanding  - does not have comskip etc. plus dependencies installed and therefore cannot run the script successfully.

My "simple" question: how can I give the Emby docker access to the post-processing applications/scripts on the host system?

If it is possible? I read about the concept of using "- /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock" to give a docker access to a host system but no idea whether this would help here and where I should put it.

Any help how I can enable post-processing on my Emby docker would be much appreciated - before I go completely mad.... Thanks!

Edited by Max20

mastrmind11

No I've never done it, but isn't it as simple as mapping the location of comskip as a volume in your docker run command?  Then just point emby's post processing var at that volume inside the container?  I've not played with post processing so I'm not sure what is even involved, but to give docker access to the host filesystem, it needs to know what you need mapped.

Riggs

Easy install Emby on Portainer with OMV 5.

PULL:
emby/embyserver   <------ for stable version

emby/embyserver:beta   <--------for beta version

1-NETWORK:  HOST

2-RESTART POLICY: ALWAYS

3-VOLUMES SECTION:

A- YOUR SHARES
/mnt/share1 ( always choose bind)
/srv/dev-disk-by-label-YOUR-SHARE/YOUR-SHARE (you need to get the absolute path like the example)

( you can add more shares, for the second /mnt/share2  and so)

B- YOUR CONFIG FILE PATH
/config
/srv/appdata/emby
---------------------------------------------------------------

ENVIRONMENTAL SECTION: (Check your user ID first)

UID=1000
GID=100
GIDLIST=100

LAST STEP:

Click on DEPLOY CONTAINER. (wait a few seconds)

That's all.

Hope helps

Edited by Handbrake

Irontony

Easy install Emby on Portainer with OMV 5.

PULL:

emby/embyserver   <------ for stable version

emby/embyserver:beta   <--------for beta version

1-NETWORK:  HOST

2-RESTART POLICY: ALWAYS

3-VOLUMES SECTION:

A- YOUR SHARES

/mnt/share1 ( always choose bind)

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-YOUR-SHARE/YOUR-SHARE (you need to get the absolute path like the example)

( you can add more shares, for the second /mnt/share2  and so)

B- YOUR CONFIG FILE PATH

/config

/srv/appdata/emby

---------------------------------------------------------------

ENVIRONMENTAL SECTION: (Check your user ID first)

UID=1000

GID=100

GIDLIST=100

LAST STEP:

Click on DEPLOY CONTAINER. (wait a few seconds)

That's all.

Hope helps

After watching 10hrs of crappy videos, I had to search the forum and within 15mins, everything fell into place.

CUDOS to  Handbrake.!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Riggs

After watching 10hrs of crappy videos, I had to search the forum and within 15mins, everything fell into place.

CUDOS to  Handbrake.!

Glad to can help (yes, i change my name here)  :)

• 4 weeks later...
gnollo

Emby docker will not start anymore, deleted the docker, including the image, re-installed and it keeps stopping on an unraid server.

Any suggestions on how I can start again from scratch?

Log below

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Info Main: Application path: /system/EmbyServer.dll
Info Main: Emby
Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
Operating system: Unix 4.19.41.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Runtime: file:///system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
Processor count: 4
Program data path: /config
Application directory: /system
Info App: Application version: 4.4.2.0
Info App: Loading assemblies
Info App: File /config/plugins/Emby.Dlna.dll has version 1.0.37.0
Info App: File /system/plugins/Emby.Dlna.dll has version 1.0.37.0
Info App: File /config/plugins/Emby.PortMapper.dll has version 1.0.4.0
Info App: File /system/plugins/Emby.PortMapper.dll has version 1.0.4.0
Info App: File /config/plugins/Emby.Server.CinemaMode.dll has version 1.0.31.0
Info App: File /system/plugins/Emby.Server.CinemaMode.dll has version 1.0.31.0
Info App: File /config/plugins/Emby.Webhooks.dll has version 1.0.11.0
Info App: File /system/plugins/Emby.Webhooks.dll has version 1.0.11.0
Info App: File /config/plugins/MovieDb.dll has version 1.3.4.0
Info App: File /system/plugins/MovieDb.dll has version 1.3.4.0
Info App: File /config/plugins/NfoMetadata.dll has version 1.0.29.0
Info App: File /system/plugins/NfoMetadata.dll has version 1.0.29.0
Info App: File /config/plugins/OpenSubtitles.dll has version 1.0.26.0
Info App: File /system/plugins/OpenSubtitles.dll has version 1.0.26.0
Info App: File /config/plugins/Tvdb.dll has version 1.0.32.0
Info App: File /system/plugins/Tvdb.dll has version 1.0.30.0
Info App: Loading MovieDb, Version=1.3.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/MovieDb.dll
Info App: Loading XmlMetadata, Version=3.3.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/XmlMetadata.dll
Info App: Loading Tvdb, Version=1.0.32.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/Tvdb.dll
Info App: Loading MBBackup, Version=1.4.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/MBBackup.dll
Info App: Loading Emby.PortMapper, Version=1.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/Emby.PortMapper.dll
Info App: Loading Emby.Server.CinemaMode, Version=1.0.31.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/Emby.Server.CinemaMode.dll
Info App: Loading OpenSubtitles, Version=1.0.26.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/OpenSubtitles.dll
Info App: Loading Emby.Webhooks, Version=1.0.11.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/Emby.Webhooks.dll
Info App: Loading Emby.Dlna, Version=1.0.37.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/Emby.Dlna.dll
Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.Trailers, Version=1.2.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/Mediabrowser.Plugins.Trailers.dll
Info App: Loading NfoMetadata, Version=1.0.29.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/NfoMetadata.dll
Info App: Loading Emby.Api, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Web, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Providers, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Photos, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Server.Implementations, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.LiveTV, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.ActivityLog, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Server.MediaEncoding, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.LocalMetadata, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Notifications, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Codecs.Dxva, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Codecs, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Server.Connect, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Server.Sync, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading EmbyServer, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info SqliteUserRepository: Sqlite version: 3.31.1
Info SqliteUserRepository: Sqlite compiler options: COMPILER=gcc-8.3.0,ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA,ENABLE_DBSTAT_VTAB,ENABLE_FTS3_PARENTHESIS,ENABLE_FTS3_TOKENIZER,ENABLE_FTS4,ENABLE_FTS5,ENABLE_GEOPOLY,ENABLE_JSON1,ENABLE_PREUPDATE_HOOK,ENABLE_RTREE,ENABLE_SESSION,ENABLE_UNLOCK_NOTIFY,ENABLE_UPDATE_DELETE_LIMIT,LIKE_DOESNT_MATCH_BLOBS,MAX_SCHEMA_RETRY=25,MAX_VARIABLE_NUMBER=250000,OMIT_LOOKASIDE,SECURE_DELETE,THREADSAFE=1
Info SqliteUserRepository: Default journal_mode for /config/data/users.db is wal
Info AuthenticationRepository: Default journal_mode for /config/data/authentication.db is wal
Info ActivityRepository: Default journal_mode for /config/data/activitylog.db is wal
Info SqliteDisplayPreferencesRepository: Default journal_mode for /config/data/displaypreferences.db is wal
Info App: Adding HttpListener prefix http://+:8096/
Info App: Adding HttpListener prefix https://+:8920/
Debug XmlSerializer: Deserializing file /config/config/users/51ffa484dd4f4d0c93084380e8c86dac/policy.xml
Info SqliteItemRepository: Default journal_mode for /config/data/library.db is wal
Error Main: Error in appHost.Init
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.4.2.0
Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Corrupt: database disk image is malformed
SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3_stmt stmt, Int32 rc)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.ExecuteAll(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.Initialize(SqliteUserDataRepository userDataRepo, IUserManager userManager)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.InitDatabases()
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.Init()
at EmbyServer.HostedService.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
TargetSite: Void CheckOk(SQLitePCL.sqlite3, Int32)

Info Main: Shutdown complete
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.
[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Info Main: Application path: /system/EmbyServer.dll
Info Main: Emby
Info App: Application version: 4.4.2.0
Info App: Loading assemblies
Info App: File /config/plugins/Emby.Dlna.dll has version 1.0.37.0
Info App: File /system/plugins/Emby.Dlna.dll has version 1.0.37.0
Info App: File /config/plugins/Emby.PortMapper.dll has version 1.0.4.0
Info App: File /system/plugins/Emby.PortMapper.dll has version 1.0.4.0
Info App: File /config/plugins/Emby.Server.CinemaMode.dll has version 1.0.31.0
Info App: File /system/plugins/Emby.Server.CinemaMode.dll has version 1.0.31.0
Info App: File /config/plugins/Emby.Webhooks.dll has version 1.0.11.0
Info App: File /system/plugins/Emby.Webhooks.dll has version 1.0.11.0
Info App: File /config/plugins/MovieDb.dll has version 1.3.4.0
Info App: File /system/plugins/MovieDb.dll has version 1.3.4.0
Info App: File /config/plugins/NfoMetadata.dll has version 1.0.29.0
Info App: File /system/plugins/NfoMetadata.dll has version 1.0.29.0
Info App: File /config/plugins/OpenSubtitles.dll has version 1.0.26.0
Info App: File /system/plugins/OpenSubtitles.dll has version 1.0.26.0
Info App: File /config/plugins/Tvdb.dll has version 1.0.32.0
Info App: File /system/plugins/Tvdb.dll has version 1.0.30.0
Info App: Loading MovieDb, Version=1.3.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/MovieDb.dll
Info App: Loading XmlMetadata, Version=3.3.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/XmlMetadata.dll
Info App: Loading Tvdb, Version=1.0.32.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/Tvdb.dll
Info App: Loading MBBackup, Version=1.4.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/MBBackup.dll
Info App: Loading Emby.PortMapper, Version=1.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/Emby.PortMapper.dll
Info App: Loading Emby.Server.CinemaMode, Version=1.0.31.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/Emby.Server.CinemaMode.dll
Info App: Loading OpenSubtitles, Version=1.0.26.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/OpenSubtitles.dll
Info App: Loading Emby.Webhooks, Version=1.0.11.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/Emby.Webhooks.dll
Info App: Loading Emby.Dlna, Version=1.0.37.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/Emby.Dlna.dll
Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.Trailers, Version=1.2.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/Mediabrowser.Plugins.Trailers.dll
Info App: Loading NfoMetadata, Version=1.0.29.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/NfoMetadata.dll
Info App: Loading Emby.Api, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Web, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Providers, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Photos, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Server.Implementations, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.LiveTV, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.ActivityLog, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Server.MediaEncoding, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.LocalMetadata, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Notifications, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Codecs.Dxva, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Codecs, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Server.Connect, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading Emby.Server.Sync, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info App: Loading EmbyServer, Version=4.4.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info SqliteUserRepository: Sqlite version: 3.31.1
Info SqliteUserRepository: Sqlite compiler options: COMPILER=gcc-8.3.0,ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA,ENABLE_DBSTAT_VTAB,ENABLE_FTS3_PARENTHESIS,ENABLE_FTS3_TOKENIZER,ENABLE_FTS4,ENABLE_FTS5,ENABLE_GEOPOLY,ENABLE_JSON1,ENABLE_PREUPDATE_HOOK,ENABLE_RTREE,ENABLE_SESSION,ENABLE_UNLOCK_NOTIFY,ENABLE_UPDATE_DELETE_LIMIT,LIKE_DOESNT_MATCH_BLOBS,MAX_SCHEMA_RETRY=25,MAX_VARIABLE_NUMBER=250000,OMIT_LOOKASIDE,SECURE_DELETE,THREADSAFE=1
Info SqliteUserRepository: Default journal_mode for /config/data/users.db is wal
Info AuthenticationRepository: Default journal_mode for /config/data/authentication.db is wal
Info ActivityRepository: Default journal_mode for /config/data/activitylog.db is wal
Info SqliteDisplayPreferencesRepository: Default journal_mode for /config/data/displaypreferences.db is wal
Info App: Adding HttpListener prefix http://+:8096/
Info App: Adding HttpListener prefix https://+:8920/
Debug XmlSerializer: Deserializing file /config/config/users/51ffa484dd4f4d0c93084380e8c86dac/policy.xml
Info SqliteItemRepository: Default journal_mode for /config/data/library.db is wal
Error Main: Error in appHost.Init
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.4.2.0
SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Corrupt: database disk image is malformed
SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3_stmt stmt, Int32 rc)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.ExecuteAll(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.Initialize(SqliteUserDataRepository userDataRepo, IUserManager userManager)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.InitDatabases()
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.Init()
at EmbyServer.HostedService.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
TargetSite: Void CheckOk(SQLitePCL.sqlite3, Int32)

Info Main: Shutdown complete
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

• 2 weeks later...
Whiskeyjack

I was trying to add a path in the unRaid docker and mistyped it, so the update failed...which then erased my docker.  I re-installed the container and now all my saved states/continue watching is gone.  Any way to recover this?  I'm using the same appdata folder.

EDIT: Restored a backup but playstates haven't returned.

EDIT2: My mistake.  I didn't allow the library scan to complete first.  Issue looks like it'll be resolved.

Edited by Whiskeyjack
  • Like 2

BAlGaInTl

I was trying to add a path in the unRaid docker and mistyped it, so the update failed...which then erased my docker.  I re-installed the container and now all my saved states/continue watching is gone.  Any way to recover this?  I'm using the same appdata folder.

EDIT: Restored a backup but playstates haven't returned.

EDIT2: My mistake.  I didn't allow the library scan to complete first.  Issue looks like it'll be resolved.

Good to know that you got the issue resolved.

Pog22

I'm getting a new version 4.4.3.0 is available notifications since yesterday, I destroyed and pulled down the latest docker but it's still on 4.4.2.0

BAlGaInTl

I'm getting a new version 4.4.3.0 is available notifications since yesterday, I destroyed and pulled down the latest docker but it's still on 4.4.2.0

The Docker version can lag a bit behind at times.  It will show up.

Are you using the official docker or one of the other ones out there?

gnollo

I just had the same issue, emby not starting. Had to delete the library again. Not happy, What is going on?