Docker

Luke

alucryd
3 hours ago, tattler said:

I am using the Linuxserver docker image. Just upgraded yesterday without a hitch! Kudos to Emby team! Which repository should I use? Linuxserver or official Emby?

Depends on your needs, ours is very lightweight and based on busybox, you could be missing some tools for third-party post-process scripts for instance, but for general use it would be the preferred option. LSIO runs on top of a fully-fledged distro and would be more suitable for more exotic usages, including using it as a base image as you have access to a package manager to install additional linux packages in the image.

alucryd
2 hours ago, Jeansy said:

Hi,

I updated my emby docker image to version 4.8.0.80.

Now it wouldn't start anymore, leaving me the following error in the log:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
s6-envuidgid: fatal: unknown user: root
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
exec: fatal: unable to exec sh: Exec format error
[services.d] done.
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

My docker-compose.yml looks like this:

name: emby

services:
  app:
    container_name: emby
    environment:
      - TZ=Europe/Berlin
      - UID=1000
      - GID=1000
      - GIDLIST=1000
    image: emby/embyserver:latest
    networks:
      - network
    restart: always
    ports:
      - 8096:8096
    volumes:
      - /mnt/m/emby/programdata:/config
      - /mnt/f:/mnt/f

networks:
  network:
    external: true

Does anyone else struggle with this problem or has a hint for me how to fix it?

There's been no change to the underlying image structure, technically s6 should behave exactly the same as in the 4.7 images. How are you running docker? And what architecture are you on?

Jeansy
29 minutes ago, alucryd said:

There's been no change to the underlying image structure, technically s6 should behave exactly the same as in the 4.7 images. How are you running docker? And what architecture are you on?

I am using docker on a Windows (AMD64)  machine with WSL 2. The 4.7 images all worked without issues. The problem only ever occurs with the 4.8 image.
I also tried the previous beta builds, but with the same result.

Edited by Jeansy

Jeansy
1 hour ago, alucryd said:

I have tested a little with the previous versions and found that it works up to version 4.8.0.71.

The changes made in version 4.8.0.72 result in the error message I receive.

21 minutes ago, Jeansy said:

I have tested a little with the previous versions and found that it works up to version 4.8.0.71.

The changes made in version 4.8.0.72 result in the error message I receive.

Is any emby server log file generated?

tattler
2 hours ago, alucryd said:

Depends on your needs, ours is very lightweight and based on busybox, you could be missing some tools for third-party post-process scripts for instance, but for general use it would be the preferred option. LSIO runs on top of a fully-fledged distro and would be more suitable for more exotic usages, including using it as a base image as you have access to a package manager to install additional linux packages in the image.

I prefer the images from LinuxServer because they are indeed using a full-fledged Linux distro. Performance wise I don't notice a thing. It is fast and stable. No complaints so far. What am I missing out on the third-party post-process scripts? I don't see that mentioned in the official Emby docker page.

Jeansy
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Is any emby server log file generated?

Funny thing. I wanted to check the log files for you, so I updated back to the latest stable version 4.8.0.80 and now it works.
I still don't know what caused it as I didn't do anything deliberately between then and now. But it seems the problem is gone.

alucryd
4 hours ago, tattler said:

I prefer the images from LinuxServer because they are indeed using a full-fledged Linux distro. Performance wise I don't notice a thing. It is fast and stable. No complaints so far. What am I missing out on the third-party post-process scripts? I don't see that mentioned in the official Emby docker page.

They should be equal performance-wise, LSIO just has a larger footprint due to being a full distro, and is larger to download as well.

As far as tools go, could be anything you'd want, we've seen people calling various binaries in post-process scripts, but if you're not using any custom scripts you're not missing out on anything using our image really.

alucryd
1 hour ago, Jeansy said:

Funny thing. I wanted to check the log files for you, so I updated back to the latest stable version 4.8.0.80 and now it works.
I still don't know what caused it as I didn't do anything deliberately between then and now. But it seems the problem is gone.

That's reassuring as there's really been no changes whatsoever to the image for quite a while besides core emby updates.

Josh4u

Anyone else having issues with the new 4.8.0.80 and latest 4.8.1.0 versions on Unraid? I use a couple of amazon firesticks and when choosing a "play from here" option half the time the emby app just reloads rather than play whatever it's supposed to. Also in the Tv Shows for example there is an "upcoming" option - again this only works occasionally and the artwork seems to stick going down the list of shows then Emby just restarts again? When watching through the LG tv app (dedicated emby app for the LG) again the upcoming sticks and there does not appear to now be a "play from here" option for music videos which I could swear was on there before?

Could it be an issue with the artwork database or linking to it as loading the artwork seems to be the bottleneck?

Emby ran without any issues for me up until the latest "big" update happened now starting to see hiccups like this rather often which is a great pity as I love the app and happily pay my monthly fee :)

I'm running Unraid 6.12.6 with the "official" emby docker app

Any suggestions most welcome.

zer0ish

My  Emby on Unraid seems to be running pretty solid with the latest updates. The only thing I noticed it the emby app on my Samsung S22 Ultra in Dex mode. The app plays the audio of the live tv recording but it's just a black screen. The mouse also disappears on the emby app when something is playing. 

I have users who use chromecast with no issues, I dont have anyone using firesticks so I can't help with that.

I know chromecast has it's own issues with emby from time to time and rebooting chromecast device seems to resolve it. But using emby in a browser seems to never have issues with my setup.

8 hours ago, zer0ish said:

My  Emby on Unraid seems to be running pretty solid with the latest updates. The only thing I noticed it the emby app on my Samsung S22 Ultra in Dex mode. The app plays the audio of the live tv recording but it's just a black screen. The mouse also disappears on the emby app when something is playing. 

I have users who use chromecast with no issues, I dont have anyone using firesticks so I can't help with that.

I know chromecast has it's own issues with emby from time to time and rebooting chromecast device seems to resolve it. But using emby in a browser seems to never have issues with my setup.

Nabukodonosor

I'm running the latest 4.8 version of the server. I have this issue, which I didn't with the 4.7 version. I have this show, The Office, both the UK and the US versions. I have them in Sonarr like this:
https://prnt.sc/3SHVbpTeAW2C

https://prnt.sc/HqGkw8zxp3PL

But Emby for the FireOS doesn't see it at all. And I knew for a fact that it did see it before. When I go to the server page I see this:

https://prnt.sc/8SQ7TFPswlvW

There is no UK version on the left at all, and in the metadata on the right, for the US episodes, the folder path and the file is wrong...it's from the UK version. What a mess.

Any ideas?

Q-Droid

You would have better luck if you included the year in your series folder naming which Sonarr could do.

zer0ish
27 minutes ago, Nabukodonosor said:

I'm running the latest 4.8 version of the server. I have this issue, which I didn't with the 4.7 version. I have this show, The Office, both the UK and the US versions. I have them in Sonarr like this:
https://prnt.sc/3SHVbpTeAW2C

https://prnt.sc/HqGkw8zxp3PL

But Emby for the FireOS doesn't see it at all. And I knew for a fact that it did see it before. When I go to the server page I see this:

https://prnt.sc/8SQ7TFPswlvW

There is no UK version on the left at all, and in the metadata on the right, for the US episodes, the folder path and the file is wrong...it's from the UK version. What a mess.

Any ideas?

Trying making these changes in Sonarr. This is what I use and have no issues with Emby figuring out the proper naming.
image.thumb.png.d13950e87d21e0841f721982825c4459.png

• Like 1

zer0ish
48 minutes ago, Nabukodonosor said:

Ok, I did that. Do I force it to rename existing shows?

Yeah you can. I'm OCD about having the proper naming structure and used to use FileBot to rename my stuff until I got Sonarr and noticed it did what FileBot did but automated the process.

jaycedk

Try this in Sonarr media management, remember to show advanced.

Series Folder format

{Series TitleYear} [TvdbId={TvdbId}]

Nabukodonosor

My mistake. The scan was at 97%. I didn't wait for it to finish. :) It's ok now.

• Thanks 1

zer0ish
5 hours ago, Nabukodonosor said:

Didn't work. I renamed all my folder, as you can see:

https://prnt.sc/XBSXdgtEfagy

I rescanned my library in Emby server, but still:

https://prnt.sc/JZppxdAwmX4L

This folder is not up to date...there is no year in the folder name. I did metadata refresh, didn't help. What to do?

On phone now but will take a look tomorrow and see how mine to your compares. 

zer0ish
20 hours ago, Nabukodonosor said:

Didn't work. I renamed all my folder, as you can see:

https://prnt.sc/XBSXdgtEfagy

I rescanned my library in Emby server, but still:

https://prnt.sc/JZppxdAwmX4L

This folder is not up to date...there is no year in the folder name. I did metadata refresh, didn't help. What to do?

Hmm, just added the UK version to my server and it doesn't seem to show up.
The folder is right beside the US version but Emby doesn't show it so I can't even Identify it to have Emby add the proper metadata for it.

Ill keep looking into it. Seems this is the only show that my setup is struggling with.

zer0ish
19 hours ago, zer0ish said:

Hmm, just added the UK version to my server and it doesn't seem to show up.
The folder is right beside the US version but Emby doesn't show it so I can't even Identify it to have Emby add the proper metadata for it.

Ill keep looking into it. Seems this is the only show that my setup is struggling with.

Seems the fix to this was to change the root folder name from The Office to The Office (UK) and rescan library. Using the year might also help.

• Thanks 1

muppet4k
On 4/19/2020 at 4:22 AM, Irontony said:

After watching 10hrs of crappy videos, I had to search the forum and within 15mins, everything fell into place.

CUDOS to  Handbrake.!

Hi, I tried also to run a command not in docker emby....the command is working out from the directory...how did you fix this?

Edrock200
On 2/11/2024 at 5:08 PM, jaycedk said:

Try this in Sonarr media management, remember to show advanced.

Series Folder format

{Series TitleYear} [TvdbId={TvdbId}]

or just tell sonarr to generate nfo's in the media folders. Emby will pick them up and respect them if you have the nfo metadata agent loaded.

• Agree 1