Record Series - Allowing multiple instances ?!

mike3821

mike3821

So if I select record series twice it will show up in the series twice. Shouldn’t the system stop this since the series recording was setup the first time? Why does it allow you to select it multiple times ?

Edited by mike3821

Depends on your settings/needs.

For example you could record The Big Bang Theory which could be on 3 different channels you have.  If one of those channels is SD while the other two are HD.  If you don't want the SD recordings then you could setup two series recordings and specify a specific channel ONLY to use.

So there are different combinations where this can and does make sense to do.

Hope that helps.

pwhodges

I sometimes get multiple copies simply because the guide changes the description sometimes.  I move all the files to the latest version, and then things are tidy again.

Paul

mike3821
3 hours ago, cayars said:

Depends on your settings/needs.

For example you could record The Big Bang Theory which could be on 3 different channels you have.  If one of those channels is SD while the other two are HD.  If you don't want the SD recordings then you could setup two series recordings and specify a specific channel ONLY to use.

So there are different combinations where this can and does make sense to do.

Hope that helps.

I literally hit "Record Series" and hit "Record Series" a second time.

10 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

I literally hit "Record Series" and hit "Record Series" a second time.

"Hey Doc, it hurts when I do this"
Doc: "Don't do that"

Sorry cheap humor.  :)

Yes, I've seen this happen as well and meant to report it. We should try to check to make sure the same information isn't being submitted twice. It would also be useful if we got a spinning circle or some other type of notification that it's working after the first button press and deactivate the button.

@Luke

mike3821
4 minutes ago, cayars said:

Yes, I've seen this happen as well and meant to report it. We should try to check to make sure the same information isn't being submitted twice. It would also be useful if we got a spinning circle or some other type of notification that it's working after the first button press and deactivate the button.

Thanks, at least it's just not me.

• Like 1