New to Emby - Weird Issues

mike3821

mike3821

- I’m getting double entries in my continue watching
- if you select record series multiple times it shows multiple times in series (why does it allow this)
- If scrolling through on now and click on the show and back out. Most on now stuff is gone. I have to back out to the main screen and back into programs to fix it
- cinema intros are not working

Lastly, are these issues perhaps related to the Linux builds ? Do the builds for windows work better??

Happy2Play
50 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

- I’m getting double entries in my continue watching

This can/will happen if you have multiple versions in different libraries do to Emby tracks by providerid not file path.

57 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

- if you select record series multiple times it shows multiple times in series (why does it allow this)
- If scrolling through on now and click on the show and back out. Most on now stuff is gone. I have to back out to the main screen and back into programs to fix it

Someone else will have to comment on LiveTV as I don't use it.

57 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

- cinema intros are not working

Can you elaborate, also what are your settings?

54 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

Lastly, are these issues perhaps related to the Linux builds ? Do the builds for windows work better??

In theory there should not be differences beside platform limitations, but pretty sure Emby is built on Windows then ported to other platforms.  But I believe everyone will have their own views on which is better.  Being a Windows user you know my answer.

mike3821

You nailed. Yep I have the one I recorded and another one in my library. 

Now the mystery of why I can set series recordings multiple times and it lets me???

7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

This can/will happen if you have multiple versions in different libraries do to Emby tracks by providerid not file path.

Someone else will have to comment on LiveTV as I don't use it.

Can you elaborate, also what are your settings?

In theory there should not be differences beside platform limitations, but pretty sure Emby is built on Windows then ported to other platforms.  But I believe everyone will have their own views on which is better.  Being a Windows user you know my answer.

Edited by mike3821

mike3821

Question regarding image extraction. Is it normal to have to press up while in playback and it defaults to chapter and then have to press down to see the 10 second image extraction? Why doesn’t it default to the 10 second image extraction?

On 4/30/2021 at 6:28 AM, mike3821 said:

Question regarding image extraction. Is it normal to have to press up while in playback and it defaults to chapter and then have to press down to see the 10 second image extraction? Why doesn’t it default to the 10 second image extraction?

Hi there, we'll look at improving it. Thanks for the feedback.

mike3821
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, we'll look at improving it. Thanks for the feedback.

Cool. 

I think I'm also just getting used to the client.

Is there anyway to customize our home screen to not include the latest content from specific items. For example, Music?

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, mike3821 said:

Is there anyway to customize our home screen to not include the latest content from specific items. For example, Music?

Yes, you need to explore Home Screen option. 

User icon-Home Screen and scroll down to the library and you should see "Display in secondary home screen sections such as latest media and continue watching".

• Agree 1