Next up tv episodes not showing

sm07

Hi, since the update to emby server 4.6.0.40 and the integration of "Next up"  into "Continue watching" I am not getting the next up episodes showing on embycon using embuary skin. 

Can someone please confirm if there is a fix for this because I use Kodi heavily but I have to manually search for my tv shows and play the next episode instead of a one tap play in continue watching. Thanks

@TeamBI'm using the built in play next episode in embycon. The next episode of the show won't appear on the kodi homescreen even though I have continue watching (embycon node) and next up(embycon node) active. The show only appears if I've played at least few minutes of it in continue watching

Edited by sm07

TeamB

This sounds like problems caused by the changes in the emby beta, i will need to have a look to see if the api has changed.

@Luke has the next up api changed in the latest beta?

It will return an empty list because it's all merged with continue watching now. You'll need to use a new param if you want legacy behavior. Legacynextup:true

TeamB
8 hours ago, Luke said:

It will return an empty list because it's all merged with continue watching now. You'll need to use a new param if you want legacy behavior. Legacynextup:true

Ok i will have a look, not a fan of the one list, will work something out.

When is 4.6 released?

• Like 1

Just now, TeamB said:

Ok i will have a look, not a fan of the one list, will work something out.

When is 4.6 released?

Very soon.

TeamB

Very soon as in this week or very soon as some time this month?

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Very soon.

Edited by TeamB

Just now, TeamB said:

Very soon as in this week or very soon as some time this month?

Hopefully next week.

• Like 1

TeamB
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hopefully next week.

Is adding Legacynextup:true to the next up api backwards compatible? If so i might just add that and get a version out there that works with 4.6 before the release.

1 minute ago, TeamB said:

Is adding Legacynextup:true to the next up api backwards compatible? If so i might just add that and get a version out there that works with 4.6 before the release.

It won't cause problems with older servers so yes you could put that out before hand if you want.

• Like 2

sm07

@TeamB I just tried now and the next up tv episodes are still not populating. Only showing continue watching for an episode I have partially watched. Can you please confirm if the latest version is 1.9.107?

TeamB

This could be a skin issue, try using the addon menu to navigate the next up episodes and see if they show up there ok.

2 minutes ago, sm07 said:

@TeamB I just tried now and the next up tv episodes are still not populating. Only showing continue watching for an episode I have partially watched. Can you please confirm if the latest version is 1.9.107?

sm07
3 minutes ago, TeamB said:

This could be a skin issue, try using the addon menu to navigate the next up episodes and see if they show up there ok.

Yes you're right it's the skin issue with Embuary that needs to be updated with the new changes too. The next up episodes are now appearing on the addon menu. Thank you for fixing this!

I hope sualfred or whoever else has access to the skin can also look into the new changes.

TeamB
49 minutes ago, sm07 said:

Yes you're right it's the skin issue with Embuary that needs to be updated with the new changes too. The next up episodes are now appearing on the addon menu. Thank you for fixing this!

I hope sualfred or whoever else has access to the skin can also look into the new changes.

Thanks for confirming, you lets hope someone steps up to maintain the skin.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
xnappo

Just FYI to anyone reading this, another work-around is to just create a custom widget and point it to the EmbyCon Widget NextUp node.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2021 at 9:55 AM, xnappo said:

Just FYI to anyone reading this, another work-around is to just create a custom widget and point it to the EmbyCon Widget NextUp node.

Thanks for the tip!