delete playlist without deleting the videos from library

richardyu301

I think that the general take away from this thread should be that the whole user GUI interaction around playlist isnt working.

When users who are of a level that post in tech forums dont "just get it" you can safely assume those less tech savvy have no hope.

Since this includes the potential of data loss a review should be prioritised.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GrimReaper

To throw my 2c:

While Delete item dialog is self-explanatory, Delete Playlist is really in need of re-wording, in particular when filesystem is mentioned, which IMHO should be completely removed from that dialog: Users in general have no idea where playlist information is stored, as far as majority is concerned it might just as well be database info only, so that dreaded "will be removed from filesystem" can be skipped altogether and noone would be the wiser - those that do know what it refers to will anyhow know that xml will be removed, those that don't know it wouldn't care about it anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Hawkwinter
On 6/20/2022 at 6:47 PM, cayars said:

I think some people get confused with "delete" and "remove" on the playlist menu.

If you delete it then the movie/show/media will be deleted from the system.  If you choose remove then the media is removed from the playlist.

I'm not fond of the menu choices as you don't see the remove unless you scroll down the list.  To me anything "optional" that changes based on content should be at the top of the list, not bottom so it's more apparent there are different options.

+1
Also - from inside a playlist, when I click "Delete" on a file, I'm expecting that means delete from playlist. I'm glad I read the prompt and didn't just click confirm. I definitely don't expect to be able to modify my library from within a playlist (beyond the ability to delete the playlist itself)

Edited by Hawkwinter

Make sure to remove delete privs from all users but the admin account so no one else can make that mistake. :)

• Agree 1