Emby Not Updating Library and Changing Names of Content

BruceDavid

BruceDavid

Hi,

Yesterday Emby started acting very strange. It does not update the library after I manually select "Scan Library Files." 

Also, it is behaving very strange re: one of my TV series, The Streets of San Francisco.

The file structure for that TV series is shown below.

image.png.f2a14eb598a667ffe64d9ec62e94ff5d.png

When I click on the three dot menu for the folder, as you can see below, there is no option to identify the content.

image.png.6589a032289f214699629515950b4aff.png

And, when I click on the folder, I see the following:

image.thumb.png.7ed956697a8d6e37e37ee7f8458a5e83.png

Any idea as to what is going on?

I've attached my server log, in case that is helpful.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Bruce

embyserver.txt

BruceDavid

Hi,

I've done that and the scan seems to stall at eighty-nine and half percent. No change re: Streets of San Francisco.

51 minutes ago, BruceDavid said:

Hi,

Yesterday Emby started acting very strange. It does not update the library after I manually select "Scan Library Files." 

Also, it is behaving very strange re: one of my TV series, The Streets of San Francisco.

image.png.6589a032289f214699629515950b4aff.png

I don't see a scroll bar but are you able to scroll that menu?

Yes I can see that but does it scroll anyway?
Got a mouse Wheel?

It was a long shot but too easy not to try. :)

Are you using your admin server?
Do you have any access restrictions set on this user?

Does Identify show up for other shows?

Edited by cayars

BruceDavid

Identify does show-up for all other TV shows.

No access restrictions that I am aware of.

Not sure what you mean by admin server but I have one instance of Emby installed and I access it via a browser interface. I can access all controls in the settings, etc.

Not sure if it's relevant but some further info:

*  All media was on one hard drive (14 TB drive, about half used) and everything was working fine.

*  I added a second drive (also 14 TB, almost completely used). Each drive had directories for movies and TV shows (different content on each drive). I set Emby to include the relevant directories from the second drive in the relevant libraries (TV directory in the TV library, etc.).

* I have TV shows set to default to folder view. This created some UI issues when I added the second drive so I removed the second drive of TV shows from Emby.

* That was when the fun started : )

If Identify is showing with other shows then it's just this show.

Have you done a full library scan from Library Menu up top yet?

BruceDavid

Yes, I've done that.

The other strange thing is that, putting aside Streets of San Francisco, other updates (when I click library scan) are taking a very long time.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, BruceDavid said:

Hi,

image.png.f2a14eb598a667ffe64d9ec62e94ff5d.png

embyserver.txt 992.57 kB · 0 downloads

Little confuses as that namine scheme is not what is in the log.

F:\Video\TV\Streets of San Francisco\Season One\12. The Bullet.mp4

But and guessing "Season One" is not recognized as a season folder. and miss identified.

But may be relate to Emby not find directory or file on occassion.  

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'F:\Video\Music Movies'.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'F:\Video\TV\Streets of San Francisco\Season One\10. The Takers.mp4'.

What is the "F:\" drive?

3 minutes ago, cayars said:

If Identify is showing with other shows then it's just this show.

There is no Identify as it is considered a Folder not a Series.  The subfolder is considered the Series and Misidentified.  So possibly issue with "Season One".

BruceDavid

Just renamed "Season One" to "Season 1" and re-scanned. No change.

Note too that I renamed the files earlier today as I realized that they were not in a format that Emby likes. The current file format is as shown above.

I've attached the most recent log file.

embyserver (1).txt

Happy2Play

All updates in this log are from the G:\Movies.

There is something going on with the F drive, but this on isn't specific to TV folder

LibraryMonitor: Skipping realtime monitor for F:\Video\Music Movies because the path does not exist

BruceDavid

Hmm, not sure what the situation is with the F drive. I can access it via my computer. Here is how Emby is set for the TV library:

image.png.a929d6e25cc0c31d600f1d484155bdbe.png

Also, another series is "Louie" which was not showing any content in nor any graphic for the folder/show. it on Emby. I realized that the file structure was not how Emby likes it so I renamed the files to be in the same format as the Streets of San Francisco above. Re-scanned and no change. I clicked on Identify and typed in the name and the IMDB number. Emby immediately found the appropriate series but when I selected that, it took several minutes for Emby to update. Now, it is showing the graphic and the content.

Happy2Play

What type of drive is "F:\"? (internal/external/USB)

Edited by Happy2Play

BruceDavid

F is an internal hard drive. It is the first drive that I used (referenced above). G is also an internal hard drive, the second drive that I used (referenced above). 

One other thought occurs to me. After i installed the G drive and told Emby about it, I thought I would keep all TV content on that drive so I removed the F drive from Emby but then put it back (and removed the G drive). 

The Music Video directory referenced above is an old directory that no longer exists and that I also removed from Emby. It seems that Emby is not updating its internal info re: my directories.

Recreate this path with nothing in it to get Emby to drop it.

F:\Video\Music

BruceDavid

Sorry, not sure that I understand what, exactly, I should do.

Also, why drop the music directory, I use that (audio music). Did you mean the Music Movies directory?

Happy2Play

So if you removed "The Streets of San Francisco" from "F:\Video\TV" and did a library scan, the folder disappears from Emby correct?

4 minutes ago, BruceDavid said:

Sorry, not sure that I understand what, exactly, I should do.

Also, why drop the music directory, I use that (audio music). Did you mean the Music Movies directory?

You log shows errors trying to access folders that no longer exist.

BruceDavid

I removed the Streets of San Francisco directory from F:/Video/TV. Re-scanned. It still shows in Emby with same issue.

BruceDavid

As an update. I created an empty directory, F:/Video/TVStreets of San Francisco and then in Emby, by clicking on the three dots for the directory, selected Delete (and confirmed the delete). No change.

Happy2Play

By you removing media from the drive and and not seeing it there is a disconnect somewhere.  I would remove all libraries F related.  Then possibly give the drive a new drive letter before re-adding.  Not sure if this a drive issue or a database issue.