Broadcast from emby app to tv issue

BillybobBilly

BillybobBilly

Hello,

I have multiple users connected to my emby server via the Emby App (some using android some using apple). They are able to access the media files from within the app but unable to detect/connect to their TV via chromecast. One person was able to connect before, and is able to chromecast via youtube, but they are unable to detect their TV from within the Emby app.

Is this a familiar issue to anyone here? If so can you suggest a workaround and/or solution? Not all of my users are experiencing this issue and I am able to use the app with the same credentials I've given everyone else to connect to the media server.

BillybobBilly

I believe in both cases the person opens the emby app on their phone. The media library comes up and they are able to interact with the media files while on the phone but when they click the button in the corner (cast to device?) they are unable to see  their TV.

Thing is, if they open the youtube app they are able to see the TV and cast to device without issue.

BillybobBilly

I'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean what specific make+model of TV?

I believe it is an issue with the app itself as the person is not able to see any chromecast devices, not just the TV (while using the app. They are able to see devices when using other apps). I tried logging into their account to test it on my devices and it works just fine. I'm not sure whether or not I can verify if their device is properly configured as they live far away from me. 

I do know the tv is able to receive chromecast signals through their Wi-fi though, because they told me that they tested it with Youtube around 1 week ago. They also told me that they were able to broadcast to the device previously.

If you need specific information I'm not sure what that might be.

Edited by BillybobBilly

Can you reproduce the problem on your own? We really need to look at an exact scenario because currently this is all very generalized which makes it difficult to narrow down where the problem is.