New Genre Bar on Home Screens

OnyxUK

OnyxUK

Hey Guys i have had a bit of an idea and would like to know what others think and if it would even be possible for the future ?

This is a for the home pages for quick genre selection and searching options. the would save having to go into the movies / Tv shows selection to then search for genres that way. in total  it takes 3 main clicks to get to your film selection the way it current is, with this option it would be just 1 click being right on the home page. 

Hopefully the images can give a bit more of a better example of this :)

05.thumb.jpg.52abc296a246bda84b90c86f129cfbb1.jpg

02.thumb.jpg.3dfc15b98b1e9de12b175ae4bd15ce75.jpg

Hope everyone likes and would love to know your opinions too. 

Onyx 

Edited by ONYX MEDIA
misspelled title

OnyxUK
On 4/26/2021 at 2:46 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  On the home screen, those genres would be for everything in your library?

Hey Ebr, 

Yeah i guess they would be, so the exact same as how the genres work within emby now but just placed on the main screen with the option to still have them in the current position they are in so if people still would like to change the artwork for them they can do so.

Best way i can think to explain it would be if you have horror and si-fi movies just show those genres unless say an action movie was then added this genre would then be shown along with horror and si-fi.  

47 minutes ago, ONYX MEDIA said:

Yeah i guess they would be, so the exact same as how the genres work within emby now

All the genre tabs in Emby now are within a Library so they are restricted to that particular library (and media type).  I think that makes a lot more sense than a global genre that would give you all types of items lumped together.  However, something like this may be possible in the future (probably via smart views of some sort).

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

All the genre tabs in Emby now are within a Library so they are restricted to that particular library (and media type).  I think that makes a lot more sense than a global genre that would give you all types of items lumped together.  However, something like this may be possible in the future (probably via smart views of some sort).

Tabs are library restricted, but link genre per item are global.

OnyxUK
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

ohhh i think i have mis understood what you ment by that sorry ebr, no i completely agree with what you have just said, but could be possible if you was to keep it to certain folders ie movies shows, or have the option to add/remove which folders/libraries can be used for this feature.