Audio issue with some titles on LG TV app

jcrower

jcrower

Hi,

Some info first:
LG OLED55BXPTA
Firmware: 03.21.75
Emby Server: 4.5.4.0 running on Synology DS218

I have one movie that won't play audio (unsure if there are others as yet as I haven't played all my movies through the LG app).  It plays fine through the web browser.

Here are the audio details of the video:
Title English DTS 5.1 (Default)
Language English
Codec DTS
Profile DTS
Layout 5.1
Channels 6 ch
Bitrate 1,536 kbps
Sample Rate 48,000 Hz
Default Yes

thanks

j

SamES

It's been discussed a lot in this forum already.  LG has dropped support for DTS audio which is why you are getting no audio with this file.

The next update to the LG client will automatically convert the DTS audio to AC3 to resolve this issue.

jcrower

Ah, thanks SamES.  I'll await the next update but if it still doesn't work I'll look at re-encoding the audio.

I read the official LG app thread and how difficult LG are with their app policies.  This is the type of thing that determines what brand of equipment I buy.  Are Samsung any better to deal with?

SamES
25 minutes ago, jcrower said:

Ah, thanks SamES.  I'll await the next update but if it still doesn't work I'll look at re-encoding the audio.

I read the official LG app thread and how difficult LG are with their app policies.  This is the type of thing that determines what brand of equipment I buy.  Are Samsung any better to deal with?

It's swings and roundabouts.  Samsung seem quicker on the releases and maybe easier to deal with, but unlike LG, it's not in the Samsung global store and is limited to only a few countries.  However, with Samsung we do have a beta USB release available but it requires updating via USB monthly which some users find to be problematic.