Xiaomi Stick TV petit soucis

MAX92

Hi. There are no errors in that log.  Playback appears to be working fine.  What happened on the screen?

MAX92

black screen with non sound. 

It tries to read without trancode : played method = direct. However the key cannot play 4k video. And I choose 1080@24hz in display option.

I try "correction for play". I have the sound and played method = "direct stream" but still no image.

Edited by MAX92

12 minutes ago, MAX92 said:

the key cannot play 4k video

What, exactly, cannot play 4K?  The stick supports it and should automatically downscale if the TV doesn't (as long as you set the appropriate mode in the stick).

8 minutes ago, MAX92 said:

The Stick is a FHD 1920x1080 only. Mi Global Home (Output Resolution 1080P (1920x1080@60fps))

My TV is 1080 too. But the is no transcodification.

That's a problem trying to play back 4K or UHD content then.

Emby Server 4.6 will be of help to you in these matters as it can downscale and tone map the HDR colors for an SDR display assuming you have a GPU that Emby can use.

Hopefully as Luke commented in another thread within the week or so.

It's real close.

• 4 weeks later...
MAX92
On 4/27/2021 at 3:57 PM, cayars said:

That's a problem trying to play back 4K or UHD content then.

Emby Server 4.6 will be of help to you in these matters as it can downscale and tone map the HDR colors for an SDR display assuming you have a GPU that Emby can use.

I install Emby Server 4.6 and it is same, no picture with 4k movie. 

In 4.6 you need to go into the Transcoding menu on the server and scroll down to the tone mapping section and activate this.
image.thumb.png.5c933c675b2c0e1ce62f5998dcae9cca.png

This does require a Premiere license and the proper hardware to support it.

Once that is setup try playing your 4K HDR content again and FORCE it to transcode so you get this tone mapping.

Let us know how you make out.

MAX92
3 hours ago, cayars said:

In 4.6 you need to go into the Transcoding menu on the server and scroll down to the tone mapping section and activate this.
image.thumb.png.5c933c675b2c0e1ce62f5998dcae9cca.png

This does require a Premiere license and the proper hardware to support it.

Once that is setup try playing your 4K HDR content again and FORCE it to transcode so you get this tone mapping.

Let us know how you make out.

I do this but there is no change. I can't play 4K on my Stick. If I play, I have direct stream for video and when I force "correction for play". I have the sound and played method = "direct stream" on video and still no image. I try again "correction for play" and the video stop with message "To many errors, giving up".

What happens if you change the QUALITY setting from the cog menu to choose a bitrate less than the current media?

MAX92

I have video once when I force "correction for play" and I put 5Mb but the image was very poor. And now I don't success to do the same again.

What do you get if you try and play this same file back in a browser?

MAX92

Just to share : I put screen mode 1080/23,98 put it stays in 4k for the video. It doesn't transcode automaticly.

And it stays on "codec video : HEVC (direct)"

Edited by MAX92

You might have to choose a lower bitrate in the quality settings.
In the future this shouldn't be required but this is the first release of tone mapping and it's all server based.  As soon as some of the 4K logic is added to the Emby clients this should get taken care of automatically.

20 hours ago, MAX92 said:

It is bizarre, I don't have option up to 10Mbits/s when I watch the movie

During playback, it will only offer you options that make sense for the video being played.  So, for example, if you are playing a 9mb/s video, options over 10 would make no difference and aren't shown.

• Thanks 1