Library Folder Type... Stand-up Comedy, Documentaries....

337Manni

337Manni

Hi all.

I’ve moved Movies & TV Shows over to Media Browser and we are loving the experiance. I’m currently testing a couple of Albums / Artists as well.

I’d like to move the rest of my media over but I’m stuck as to how to organise them. I’ve got Stand-up Comedy, Cooking TV Shows, Documentaries, Exercise Videos, so I can’t just put them under the Home Videos folder type.

Basically how would I / how do you organise Stand-up Comedy? My layout on my hard drive is

\Videos\Stand-up Comedy\Billy Connolly\(2005) - Billy Connolly - Live In New York\(2005) - Billy Connolly - Live In New York.avi

I’ve no problem renaming them the same as IMDB or whichever.

Also What would the folder type be? I don’t want them mixed in with my Movies or TV Shows...

Is there any way to add a “Custom Folder Type” and then call it Stand-up Comedy and them select the scrapers or manually get images / data for them?

Are there plans to add more Folder Types in the future?

Regards,

Lee

Glad to hear it!

The safe bet to start with is home videos. Are these supposed to have internet metadata? if so then you could also try mixed movies & tv, although then you'll need to make sure the directories conform to movie or tv series guidelines. so i'd start with home videos for the moment.

337Manni

Thanks for your reply Luke.

At the moment my Stand-up Comedy doesn’t have any metadata but they will have eventually, even if I have to manually edit them. My Documentaries & Exercise Videos have.

Is there any plan to seperating these in the future, or give us a custom option?

If I used the Home Videos folder type, would they be in seperate sections going off my folders or all lumped together?

I don’t like the idea of them all being lumped together under Home Videos it seems abit messy, but I understand the pace the server is evolving and like the way it’s heading, so I’ll live with it untill they can be seperated if it's a future feature.

I take it using the Mixed Movies & TV folder type would mean they are mixed with the rest of my Movies / TV shows?

psykix

The folder type just determines whether metadata is fetched or not, and if so what type of metadata to fetch.

Best way for your stand up comedy is create a new media folder in the library, called Stand-up Comedy and set the folder type to movies - looking on themoviedb.org it seems to list stand up comedy and in particular the Billy Connolly one that you refer to.

Just point the folder path to \\Videos\Stand-up Comedy

If it doesn't pan out, you can always remove it and try an alternative :-)

Edited by psykix
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

You have an option in you user preference whether you new media folders get grouped or not.  So if Stand-up Comedy used movie for folder type and you didn't check group them in your user preference they would not be grouped with all your movies.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Click on your user profile icon in the upper right

Choose My Preferences

Under Display... My Views uncheck the box next to Stand-up Comedy

53f7aa3cb4d77_Untitled.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
337Manni

Thanks everyone. Forgot to check back about this.... Just searching the forum again for this and found my answer!