My epg half works

BackOrifice

BackOrifice

Loaded my own m3u loaded my own xmltv and in the guide the channels all show fine with epg info on pc ok great. However while watching on roku or fire tv it also works great BUT just before the channel starts it will show on the bottom of screen the wrong tv show playing and on the right will say ends at 1 or 2am even when it is like 4pm. It plays the show the guide says but wtf does it show another show on the bottom thats wrong for. So screwy 🤪 If I use emby guide data with zipcode it works perfect and shows correct show on bottom just before loading and during start of show so whats upwith this lol. I refuse to map 1200 channels so I want mine to work.

Hi,

Hard to say for sure based on just that description but if things work fine using Emby Guide data but not correct with 3rd party guide data that would suggest an issue with the alternate guide data.

Any chance you could put together a small list of channels in an m3u file (5 to 10) and pm me the m3u file and full xml file to test for you?
I can load this on a fresh Emby test machine and see if I can identify anything that can be done for you.

BackOrifice
5 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi,

Hard to say for sure based on just that description but if things work fine using Emby Guide data but not correct with 3rd party guide data that would suggest an issue with the alternate guide data.

Any chance you could put together a small list of channels in an m3u file (5 to 10) and pm me the m3u file and full xml file to test for you?
I can load this on a fresh Emby test machine and see if I can identify anything that can be done for you.

Sure can playa

He sent me a PM with a sample M3U file and it doesn't contain a channel number or station ID or calls sign so it would be hard to auto match.

I shared back a sample m3u file from my Prime HDHR with the info that will match so he can adjust his m3u file accordingly.

It's a remote tuner on a fast network and streams fine but direct access to json is blocked or I would have been able generated the m3u for him via script.