TVDB Arc Order

Skizz

Since we already have DVD, Aired and Absolute orders implemented for TVDB, could we also add Arc order? You can see an example of Arc order here. It's not very common for shows to have an arc order on tvdb (Hunter x Hunter is the only one I've found so far), but if it gets expanded to more shows, it would be nice if emby could use it. Thanks.

Happy2Play

As mentioned in other topics these new orders are only available via TVDB v4 api user subscription (supposedly).  We currently still use v3 or lower api methods to get free metadata and these new alternate orders are not available.

The end of October 2021 TVDB will shutdown these free methods and force user subscriptions to get metadata from them.  When they force Emby to update the TVDB plugin to allow users to add their own subscription pin to get TVDB metadata this should be possible.

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, Hxemby001 said:

So what is going to be the alternative to TVDB or will free just not exist?

Lots of other topics already asking and suggesting.  But no good answer as there is no other site with as many options as TVDB, so it many force users to pay to get the info they need/want.

Well I guess that's too bad for TVDB... They do have to have funding though.. I stay away from this sort of thing personally because of so many accounts, payments and money involved in the digital age for entertainment.. Inflation and the cost of living and pay never equates the situation neither does the economy.

I started to sit down one day and ad up all of what it would take to have all subscriptions and accounts necessary to day to be online and have all of the options work, all of the online stuff through the internet. In my youth.. all you had to worry with was radio, cable service, ( not dish or w/e ) and buying records, CD's, or cassettes... and that equipment... Now your stuffing half a months salary/paycheck into someone else's pocket to use something a grand total of three to four hours a day ( if you work ).. Chipping away at that paycheck $10 at a time adds up.

I honestly lean towards TVDB and IMDb ( they even have Pro accounts ) when it comes to infos.. ( Discogs and the internet when it comes to audio )

All of the extra art... That I can't embed has only been specific to EMBY, and other media servers.

I guess people do know when they have a service or product superior to the rest... The efforts should be rewarded its true.. for some its just not feasible. ( maybe never will be )

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

As mentioned in other topics these new orders are only available via TVDB v4 api user subscription (supposedly).  We currently still use v3 or lower api methods to get free metadata and these new alternate orders are not available.

The end of October 2021 TVDB will shutdown these free methods and force user subscriptions to get metadata from them.  When they force Emby to update the TVDB plugin to allow users to add their own subscription pin to get TVDB metadata this should be possible.

Ah ok. I didn't realize that these new orders were v4 only. Well, consider this a feature request for the v4 plugin, once it's available, to provide access to these new orders.