TV wont connect for a few minutes

hazeee

hazeee

Hey, everytime I turn on my LG TV, it wont connect to the server for a few minutes, I have to spam "connect" (connected via ethernet) until it finally gives in, and I also do a little neat trick of powering emby up through the LG store (not sure if placebo or it works).... annoying. What could be causing this?

Hi, it sounds like the LG network card just takes a few minutes to initialize. I've seen this on a Samsung with the web browser as well, trying to connect to any website, where it doesn't always work on the first try right after turning the TV on.

SamES

If you disable Ethernet and use wireless on the tv is it any better?  I assume the server is on the same lan as the tv?

rbjtech

How are you connecting to the server - via IP or name ?  If name, then it could need to register the TV as a device before resolving, as a workaround, try using the IP address instead.

Is EMBY running on an NAS? Do you have the server system sleep or the NAS to spin down the disk after a certain period of not being used? Wake time and disk spin up could be the issue is so..

Ethernet would still be the fastest method of connection in this case.

Edited by Guest