Roku 4.0.26 Next Up is missing

xarggrax
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

xarggrax

With the new Roku update, it appears that the "next up" list is missing. I can still see it in Android, so I know it has content. I tried both with and without the enhanced display setting, just in case that was related. I do see my "continue watching". I tried to different accounts and both have the same issue. I checked for updated roku and Emby apps, rebooted roku several times, and restarted the server.

Happy2Play

Not positive but I believe this is do a change that will happen in server 4.6+ as Next Up becomes a (Legacy) option.  As the feature was removed then re-added as Legacy.  But dev will have to confirm.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/93221-4609-merging-continue-watching-next-up

Sammy

Where is the setting to turn on this option? I am not a fan for the combined Next Up / Continue Watching concept.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Sammy said:

Where is the setting to turn on this option? I am not a fan for the combined Next Up / Continue Watching concept.

The Client honors (should) the Server User-Home Screen settings.

• Like 1

Hi. Was this a new  user or an existing one that had logged into the Roku previously?  Also what version of the server?

xarggrax
6 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi. Was this a new  user or an existing one that had logged into the Roku previously?  Also what version of the server?

It was with two existing users, both of which had been on that Roku the prior day.  The first time we went to use it the next day, we noticed the issue and tested both accounts.  The server version is 4.5.4.0.

• Like 1

xarggrax

I am, yes.  The Roku app version and server version are still the same and the issue still exists.  One extra bit of information that I just saw when I tested again now and may be important is that the Roku firmware itself is on version 10.0.0 build 4177 and says it was updated 4/20, the day I started experiencing the issue (although I manually checked for updates when the issue started and that may have triggered that update).  It was my assumption from the previous comment about the intention to change the next up  feature that perhaps the Emby Roku app was updated before the server software had been released, which caused a disconnect between them, so I was waiting for the new server update.

Hi.  Can you show us your home screen settings for this user on the web app and then screen shots of what you see on the Roku?

xarggrax

Sure.  Please forgive the Roku pictures!  I've included the settings, two shots of Roku, and two shots of the Android app as well to show the difference.

settings1.thumb.png.eba26e1604b98b5114a53c1c1358133f.png

roku1.thumb.jpg.fa82b32e57c777caddb37b16ea01a466.jpg

roku2.thumb.jpg.17544dce21c6712cf2fd47d66fd377e9.jpg

android1.thumb.png.92bf336895453112d25b10800e5e22db.png

android2.thumb.png.ee5da56da13c204b1e448f6a70cb2948.png

xarggrax

I don't use Live TV, it's never shown up on the home screen (I've never changed those home screen settings, it's just on the default).  I just sent the Roku log.  It was sent at approximately 7:51 AM Eastern on 4/25 and the user is "jim".  The test itself was performed at 7:42 and the server log is also provided below.

embyserver-01.txt

• Solution

What happens if you change the Live TV row in those settings to be Next Up and then the one that is now next up to "None"?

xarggrax

Yeah, that works. I see next up now. Why would that make a difference if I've never changed those settings? Well, regardless, changing that fixes both accounts, thank you!

Edited by xarggrax