Roku App - Version 4.0 build 26

Ollio

explor202
20 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi @explor202 have the improvements in the latest update helped you?

Hi Luke. I just updated Emby and quite honestly, I don't see any difference.

Seeing info on only three episodes at a time, stretched nearly all the way across the width of a 65" TV just looks terrible. Please give us an option to go back to the old view where we could see 5 or 6 at a time, and where the UI matched throughout Emby.

But you couldn't see 5 or 6 items at a time with full description info.  You had to scroll to each item to read it correct?

explor202
1 hour ago, cayars said:

But you couldn't see 5 or 6 items at a time with full description info. 

I don't want or need to see a full description; I want to see just the episode title.

Yea, you have said that before but that isn't what the masses have asked for. Which is part of the reason this was changed in the first place. The new way gets more information shown so less scrolling and button clicks are needed for typical use.

A lot of time for people this doesn't even come into play as the NEXT UP is what is going to be used which is horizontal and quickly available. The UI is built in large regard to how people use it, not for a specific view but as a whole.

But as has been said, improvements can certainly be made.

knitowskimedia

Maybe its because i was using the beta channel, but I've never seen horizontal scrolling for episodes in the Emby Roku client, nor would I want to. I will say that I preferred the old vertical scroll that showed more episodes on screen, but I understand why the episode info was made bigger. After all, while I am young and my eyes are (mostly) fine, many people are not. An option to adjust episode scrolling scale would be nice, as I think that would make it match the other Emby apps better, however I understand why that could potentially cause issues, especially with Roku's extremely limited file size for apps.

Lastly I would just like to say that the Roku devs are extremely responsive and in my experience have been extremely professional. I'll admit dev responses on other areas of the forum have frustrated me (though I understand their reasons for giving those responses), but never in the Roku section. If it was me moderating the forum I probably would have blocked op or stopped responding a couple pages ago.

Edited by knitowskimedia
  • Like 3

explor202
12 hours ago, cayars said:

The new way gets more information shown so less scrolling and button clicks are needed for typical use.

For those that watch episodes in order, yes, Next Up is fine. But when I want to browse for a random episode to watch, why make me scroll through just three at a time when I used be able to scroll though six? How is the new format of displaying episodes showing me more info than what I saw before? It's not. Please give us an option to toggle detailed episode info on or off. If it's on, show the current screen. If it's off, show the previous version instead.

Happy2Play

You can click to the next screen and scroll vertically via more from season.  I have always seen Season view this way as the is the way the web client/ET is designed.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1