Emby doesn't like two monitor setup

ocelot930

ocelot930

I have my Macbook connected to an external monitor. If the laptop is open, and the monitor is turned on than I can't use the MacOS Emby theatre app (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/emby/id992180193). My work-around for the time being is to just close my laptop display, so I am only using the external monitor. I prefer to use the Emby app over streaming over a browser as it handles direct play better. Embyserver through the browser is limited by the codecs available for the browser I am using.

The majority of the time I watch Emby on a TV in my house, so it's not a deal breaker. It's just the 5% of the time that I'd like to put Emby on an external monitor while I work, or do other things. I do have a few other external monitors (and setups) I could try if that helps to get more data? I can also provide logs if that helps too. My day job is in software dev, so always happy to test anything to help with the product. Thanks!

Other than that, I'm very happy so far!

ocelot930

Ok I just found a test version from Dec posted on this forum, and that resolves my issue! I hope it's released soon. For now I'll continue to use the beta version. What a great way to start the week off!