Metadata not show completely

Eleumas31

Can you take a screenshot of the tags for a file ( one in question ) and one of the ones that do not?

Was looking information for the album but could not identify but I went to Chromatica by Lady Gaga...

What I notice here is that when the artist tag entry differs from the albumartist tag; the difference is shown..

For instance I have not fixed my files yet on this one.. but the artist entry differs.

( Should actually be (feat. Artist) appended to the title but right now it reads 'Lady Gaga With Artist' and I am still working on artwork for this version import ) 

TAGSCANNER

04_19.2021_022330.thumb.jpg.7e2b5b5c7b2d401760b7f831a92d43b9.jpg

EMBY

04_19.2021_021712.jpg.69b4d9cda99e90431f78972c2c66fd9e.jpg

So the method to fix this may be addressed in several ways within the metadata tags.. either in AlbumArtist, or in the Artist tags...

Eleumas31

Ok in my screenshot there are the songs with meta data.

I have seen that some songs are not show in Emby, neither in Album view nor in Folder view. Why?

Schermata 2021-04-19 alle 09.32.38.png

I would definitely try to scan the library.. not for sure why they would not show up...

Obtaining information about the album compiler or series it is from... I sometimes use the Record Label if necessary on compilations ( I never use Various )... and inserting it into Album Artist tag, will more than likely cause all of the artists on the songs show up.

..With this album you have really only one choice to fix the issue.. There are more changes you can make. I am going to tell you how to fix the issue you are talking about in this thread.. I may have to roughly translate into your language.. So please forgive me if I make a mistake..

You will need to enter an album-artist into the 'Artista Album' section of your tags. If I could find the album online, I could tell you what to enter. Right now I cannot. So you will need to find out who put the album together, and enter it in that column for this whole album. This will differ from the artist shown for each song, since it is a compilation. This will make Emby show each artist metadata under each song.

IF this album was by the same artist.. I would say the same thing, except move featuring to the title tag instead of it being at the artist tag. This still displays the information correctly... and since all of the artist match the album artist.. It will only show the title of the song. ( Which is how it works, so EMBY is not malfunctioning ) 

Edited by Guest

Eleumas31

Hi, thanks for reply @Hxemby001. I use this app on Mac (https://www.nightbirdsevolve.com/meta/) for editing metadata. For solve my issue:

1) check the compilation checkbox (my albums have multiple artists)

2) scan library in Emby and after refresh the page

For some tracks i had to update metadata inside Emby and edit track number or artist because was wrong. I don't know why... so, i consider my issue solve. 🙂

Schermata 2021-04-24 alle 08.25.57.png

Well I will say that if you edited in EMBY this same issue with your album will appear again if the file is played in another player. If you do not edit the metadata in the files it remains incorrect.

The Compilation only notates that it is but has nothing to do with proper grouping of the album nor does it shown to be for the same album compiler or album artist ( same thing ).

This app should have all of those fields and album art filled in if it is correct. Batch editing in the right program ( which should exist for MAC ) will take a few seconds. If this album was bought from iTunes I would put Apple Music in as the Album Artist.

Whatever the case may be I guess you are happy with the outcome. Glad you worked it out. 👍

Actually no.. What this will do is show that each artist ( tag ) has released and album named 'Anthology 2014' because the Album Artist ( tag ) has been filled in with the Artist ( tag ). This states that each one of them released an album under there name.

AS the fact that the same Album name can be used by multiple artist at different points in their career.. so an album, song, title, and year can be duplicated and names do not have to copyrighted... or trademarked.. I can create an album and mix a song and release it under my name and be the artist or include other artist and be the album artist if I compiled or created the album... You can turn around and create an album with the same name, in the same year.. and release it as well. When the metadata is put into or read from those files.. if it is put into the files correctly.. Our albums will show up under our stuff.. and not each others...

SO I say to select all songs.. and put the ENTITY ( Apple Music, Anthology Series, could be a compiled by or mixed by or something to that effect )... into the Album Artist tag.. instead.. This groups everything all into ne album or release and lists it properly. The songs will be listed under the artist as well because of the artist tag in 'appears on' section in EMBY.. but will show up right.. Record labels, series, sometimes distributors, and people create albums in which they don't necessarily reserve or have creative credit; for the songs but may retain release rights through contractual agreements... So the music is not specific to new releases by the artist and technically do not belong to their discography.. but are shown under the correct album artist.

This groups and displays things correctly...

The next issue is that for everyone of the artist entries that include [ , & AND FEAT. FEATURING ] and have any different notation or how they are stylized are going to create additional ARTIST entries in EMBY. This will mean that the music will show up under a different artist every time instead of ONE ARTIST. Moving that to the TITLE will fix the issue.

EXAMPLE:

Inna Feat. PitBull PitBull - Good Time

should be changed to...

Inna - Good Time (feat. Pitbull)

This fixes it. 💢

The one file you edited..

METADATA TAGS

Filename Artist Title Year Album Artist Album
Inna - Good Time (feat. Pitbull).flac Inna Good Time (feat. Pitbull) 2014 Anthology Series Anthology 2014

Needs to be what you do for the whole album.. every song - for every album you have.

My explanations are pretty clear above.. for sake of only duplicating what I have been typing the whole thread. This is all I can help you with at this point. You must follow the formatting and do this for everything in your Library for things to turn out well.

Wish you much luck.

You could try using a translator program or browser extension... most of them are good for Italian to English and English to Italian... This may help you better.

We have to do it all of the time in the forum.. Edge has one built-in.. Even if you type in your native language, we usually translate and interpret.

People from all over the globe come into the forum. ;)

Eleumas31

Sorry, i tried in a new album but these metadata not working good. In my screenshot my metadata and Emby result. The same is in others album (Anthology 2014 for example). Why Emby don't get my metadata correctly?

Schermata 2021-04-24 alle 11.33.19.png

Schermata 2021-04-24 alle 11.34.36.png

All Over The World ( Original Mix ) is a WAV file which may not have embedded metadata... I would try to convert to FLAC, embed the right metadata. and refresh. EMBY should do this automatically as the file will change.

18 hours ago, Eleumas31 said:

Sorry, i tried in a new album but these metadata not working good. In my screenshot my metadata and Emby result. The same is in others album (Anthology 2014 for example). Why Emby don't get my metadata correctly?

Schermata 2021-04-24 alle 11.33.19.png

Schermata 2021-04-24 alle 11.34.36.png

What exactly is the problem? It's hard to tell in this screenshot.