Categorizzare canali live tv?

DjCanigia

DjCanigia

Ciao ragazzi ho una lista m3u da 1000 e più canali, non c'è un modo con emby per categorizzarli? Ho provato sia con emby stesso che utilizzando altri metodi come nextpvr oppure xteve che con quest'ultimo vede le categorie e me le fa impostare ma su emby no rimane tutto a caso..

The version Luke has mentioned is available to use now if you don't mind running the beta (very stable at this point).
It also shouldn't be a lot longer before this version hits release if you wanted to wait.

This should would work very well in combination with what you already set up in xTeVe.

• Like 1

DjCanigia
6 hours ago, cayars said:

The version Luke has mentioned is available to use now if you don't mind running the beta (very stable at this point).
It also shouldn't be a lot longer before this version hits release if you wanted to wait.

This should would work very well in combination with what you already set up in xTeVe.

ah ok and can I somehow install it without installing from scratch? I tried to download and install it and it tells me that it is not possible to install it because it is not a debian package ... (I use debian x64)

Got ya. I'm not sure of the proper procedure for upgrading a debian x64 OS server.
Sorry about that.  Maybe someone else can chime in.

But it won't be a lot longer before this hits release.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 5:09 PM, DjCanigia said:

ah ok and can I somehow install it without installing from scratch? I tried to download and install it and it tells me that it is not possible to install it because it is not a debian package ... (I use debian x64)

Hi, sounds like you didn't actually download the .deb file first. Please try this again and supply the complete terminal output if there is still an issue. Thanks.

DjCanigia
18 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, sounds like you didn't actually download the .deb file first. Please try this again and supply the complete terminal output if there is still an issue. Thanks.

Yes I solved, now I have version 4.6.0.40 where do I find the option to categorize channels?

Thank you!

Go to your guide or channels tab in web browser and edit the channel.  IE 3 dot menu on the channel in channels tab.

Edit the metadata for the channel and add a TAG (kids, news, sports, movie, etc) that you wish to use.
After adding these tags you can filter by them to only show NEWS channels, movie channels or sports channels or whatever tags you setup.

Let us know if that makes sense or if you need a better explanation and pics to show this.

• Like 1

DjCanigia
On 4/26/2021 at 2:46 AM, cayars said:

Go to your guide or channels tab in web browser and edit the channel.  IE 3 dot menu on the channel in channels tab.

Edit the metadata for the channel and add a TAG (kids, news, sports, movie, etc) that you wish to use.
After adding these tags you can filter by them to only show NEWS channels, movie channels or sports channels or whatever tags you setup.

Let us know if that makes sense or if you need a better explanation and pics to show this.

Hello!
I managed to categorize the channels, I find only one problem, I have more streams of a channel (for example channel 1 sd, channel 1 hd, channel 1 fhd)
but with some it happens that emby only sees one of the 3 in the categories, I don't understand why unfortunately .. it only happens with emby with other applications no .. and not with all channels but only with some

This sounds like an m3u tuner you setup?  If so most likely there are repeating channels using the exact same ID.  So as Emby loads it the "last" instance of the channel is what is loaded as it overwrites anything else with the same ID.

My question to you right off is do you actually want SD channels?  Do you have a need for them?  I intentionally remove them as quickly as possible myself.