Invalid user or password when using Emby for Fire TV

WesMegatron
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

WesMegatron

I am unable to login to my server from emby fire tv. However if I use the silk browser on the same Fire TV I am able to login fine. Here is the log that shows the failure from the emby app and then the success with the same account from the browser 

emberserver.txt

Try removing/deleting the server that shows up at login.

Restart the app and see if you can login after that.

If not try deleting app info from the system menu and trying again which should remove cached info.

Make sure noting is installed on the Fire or network that could interfere - like a VPN.

WesMegatron

Hello yes I am. There are no vpns installed. I am actually seeing the behavior on the fire tvs and a roku tv

18 minutes ago, WesMegatron said:

Cayars i have tried everything you suggested. Same issue

Sorry to heat that.  Are you using Emby Connect or logging in directly?

Are these all local or remote connections?

WesMegatron

I have tried both. Neither works. This all has worked for over a year and just stopped working after I tried to change pw. I know the pw I am using is correct because I can login using a browser. These are all local connections 

Edited by WesMegatron

Any chance you could setup a "Carlo" account with access to a single (any) lib or something and PM your server IP/domain and a password so I can try to login?
I'd offer remote assistance but there often isn't a lot I can do for non web clients remotely but not ruling that out.

Happy2Play

@ebr@Luke would there be a issue with old server and newer client authentication?  But don't necessarily know client version.

Version: 4.3.1.0

2021-04-18 08:14:43.226 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.3.1.0
        Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
        Operating system: Unix 4.19.41.0
        64-Bit OS: True
        64-Bit Process: True
        User Interactive: True
        Runtime: file:///system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 4
        Program data path: /config
        Application directory: /system
        SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Constraint: NOT NULL constraint failed: Tokens.DeviceId
        SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
           at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
           at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Security.AuthenticationRepository.Create(AuthenticationInfo info)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.GetAuthorizationToken(User user, String deviceId, String app, String appVersion, String deviceName)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.AuthenticateNewSessionInternal(AuthenticationRequest request, Boolean enforcePassword, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at MediaBrowser.Api.UserService.Post(AuthenticateUserByName request)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
        Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
        TargetSite: Void CheckOk(SQLitePCL.sqlite3, Int32)

Is there a point when client become incompatible with server version?

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1