Emby for android 3.1.80 keeps asking for purchase premium.

rajivkaushal

I believe in the Emby app you just click the person icon top right and you should have an unlock menu.

vdatanet
1 hour ago, adminUser123 said:

am a bit confused with the fact that the feature matrix shows Full playback should not be available for any android device in a free client version(unlock and subscription wise).

Yet i can see this functionality available on three other devices, just not on the one i actually need it:))

rajivkaushal

OK, I found the solution to this problem although i would not agree that Emby should be doing this to us.

On android box you have to purchage Emby for Android TV only then it would let you play.

Normal Android app works just perfectly so there is no technical issue or limitation but Emby forces you to buy another app if you want to use it on Android box. Which i would call as a bad business practice but as its not very expensive, i bought it and it works perfectly.

rajivkaushal
1 hour ago, adminUser123 said:

@cayars hey, thanks for prompt response. I

am a bit confused with the fact that the feature matrix shows Full playback should not be available for any android device in a free client version(unlock and subscription wise).

Yet i can see this functionality available on three other devices, just not on the one i actually need it:))

OK, I found the solution to this problem although i would not agree that Emby should be doing this to us.

On android box you have to purchase Emby for Android TV only then it would let you play.

Normal Android app works just perfectly so there is no technical issue or limitation but Emby forces you to buy another app if you want to use it on Android box. Which i would call as a bad business practice but as its not very expensive, i bought it and it works perfectly.

These are two different apps and treated differently by Google Store so there isn't anything we can do about it.

It's really no different than unlocking something from Amazon and then trying to use the same app from Google store which again are different.

We have no control over this sort of thing as this is dictated by store policy.

rajivkaushal
On 8/2/2021 at 10:49 PM, cayars said:

These are two different apps and treated differently by Google Store so there isn't anything we can do about it.

It's really no different than unlocking something from Amazon and then trying to use the same app from Google store which again are different.

We have no control over this sort of thing as this is dictated by store policy.

We all know these are two different apps and we should pay different for each.

However the issue reported is that i have one app already purchased and it works absolutely perfectly on this device including letting me play 10 seconds but despite it being a paid app, i can not unlock it on this device and had to buy the "Second App... "..

But these are two different apps you're talking about correct?

Emby for Android and Emby for Android TV

You would not be able to purchase the same app twice from Google's Playstore using the same email address.

Is that not the case and I have the wrong understanding of your situation?
But as already mentioned we don't have control over this as this is controlled by the different app stores.

rajivkaushal
7 minutes ago, cayars said:

But these are two different apps you're talking about correct?

Emby for Android and Emby for Android TV

You would not be able to purchase the same app twice from Google's Playstore using the same email address.

Is that not the case and I have the wrong understanding of your situation?
But as already mentioned we don't have control over this as this is controlled by the different app stores.

I do not know what your purpose here is but what exactly are you trying to say.

Did you bother to se the original issue, original issue is that i bought first app. It works fine but does not unlock and forces me to buy premium.

I bought second app only because Emby did not provide solution to first problem.

It's a bit hard to understand as you flip back and forth talking about Android and Android TV.

But to clarify if we are talking only about Android.

You Unlock the app on one device using your Playstore account.

Now on any other Android device (not Android TV) using the same Playstore account you go back to the Unlock menu and select it.
At this point you have an Unlock and a Restore option.

You have previously purchased the app so this time you select the Restore option.
That should now have unlocked the app on your second device.

If you have a 3rd Android device using the same Playstore account you do the same as previous and Restore.

So basically you Unlock on the first device and Restore on additional devices.
Pay once, use on multiple devices!