Cannot connect my emby server to my android smart phone

patolaba

patolaba

I have tried to connect my emby server to my smart phone a Galaxy S8 plus without success, I have read to forums and no answer fits my problem, as you can see in pictures attached, I have tried to connect to the proper IP address 192.168.1.7 port 8096, the Bitdefender firewall is able to connect but cannot do it, pls help, the same happens with my Xiaomi Mibox4

20210417_165820.jpg

20210417_165832.jpg

20210417_165842.jpg

20210417_165851.jpg

Hi there, I see you are entering your LAN address. Is your phone on the same local network as the server?

From your phone try entering just the IP and not the http:// part to see if this makes a difference.

Try opening Chrome web browser on your phone and going to http://192.168.1.7:8096 and see if you can login.

Let us know what happens when you try both of these.
This will give us a good idea of what might need changing in your network.

patolaba

I tried in Chrome and says you cannot access this site ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE, I assume I’m in the same network since my pc, NAS, and smart tv are connected thru a switch and i´m using the WIFI provided by the same router, I am sending you screen of the router

20210418_123318.jpg

Yes it looks like you have the correct address of 192.168.1.7

If Emby is running and you can't connect to it in a web browser I would check the NAS setup.  I would go straight to firewall settings.

patolaba

I have checked everithing, I´m enclosing pics of Bitdefender and the network setup of my NAS a My Cloud Ex 2 Ultra

20210418_145337.jpg

20210418_145350.jpg

20210418_145454.jpg

20210418_145508.jpg

20210418_145513.jpg

20210418_145823.jpg

20210418_145827.jpg

20210418_145831.jpg

20210418_145837.jpg

In post #1 you show the Emby Dashboard.  How do you get that picture?
Is this from a PC on your network?  If so is it connected via WIFI or Ethernet?

patolaba

is from the Pc connected via cable, the PC does not have Wifi, the Smart Tv, Pc and NAS are also conected via switch tp link

Is it safe to say those clients connected by cable or wire to the network can connect ok but devices connected only by WIFI have an issue?

patolaba

Yes apparently Wifi is the problem, the switch is plug and play, I have regular Wifi and 5G and have tried both no results, the modem is also preconfigured can only change password, I'm importing a huawei echolife hg8245h 4GE+2TEL+USB+WIFI 5DBI English firmware gpon and hope this can solve the problem my current router is a Fiberhome RT2740

Happy2Play

Is Wifi using the same DHCP pool or is it a different network altogether?

I see an inconsistency.. but I am lost on this one

no http: on the ip when connecting, no firewall blocking... - unless it see another subnet as local and/or is not including it in your home network... no configuration settings for the switch... Phone is using WIFI for sure.. I am not for sure what else looking at this myself..

Edited by Guest
EDITED for clarification..

Your WIFI is on a different VLAN which is fine but you will likely need to setup a route for it or just uses the Remote IP address which should loop back at the router.

This may be a stupid question ( and shown before ) but is your router served internet through a landline such as cable, or via tower/satellite/data service?

pwhodges

@cayarstouched on the matter of network segmentation with the vLan mention, but the router may also have a setting which restricts the wifi to "guest" access, i.e. Internet but not local.  Just another keyword to look for in the settings...

Paul

patolaba

The router is served by an optical line and fron the router to the switch box that serves the PC, NAS and Smart TV, none of those have any issues, just the ones using Wifi, I will check again the router to see if there is any guest options

1 minute ago, patolaba said:

The router is served by an optical line and fron the router to the switch box that serves the PC, NAS and Smart TV, none of those have any issues, just the ones using Wifi, I will check again the router to see if there is any guest options

If you like I can pop in for a quick remote session and have a look at your router settings to see if there is any settings I see that could help you with this.

Send me a PM if you would like to do this.