fast forward very fast

nireins1981

nireins1981

Hi together,

i use the Emby App on all my apple TV 4k and it runs good.

However, when I want to fast-forward a film, it happens at a very high speed. With a tap or swipe, about 120 seconds or more are fast forwarded. I tried to somehow reduce this in the settings, unfortunately without success. Am I doing something wrong? Is it wanted like that? greetings

manfredell2

There's another issue here:

When I use the original Apple Remote a tap fast forwards (too much) but then continues playing BUT when I use an alternate command (Logitech harmony or others) it just fast forwards and does not stop forwarding (I have to hit play for it to start playing but then I have forwarded ages).

The same on Plex works fine and just jumps forward no matter which command I use.

There should be a setting in Emby to be able to define the fast forward action: forward/rewind x seconds.....

10 hours ago, manfredell2 said:

There's another issue here:

When I use the original Apple Remote a tap fast forwards (too much) but then continues playing BUT when I use an alternate command (Logitech harmony or others) it just fast forwards and does not stop forwarding (I have to hit play for it to start playing but then I have forwarded ages).

The same on Plex works fine and just jumps forward no matter which command I use.

There should be a setting in Emby to be able to define the fast forward action: forward/rewind x seconds.....

That's helpful. Thanks for the info.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
bbking67

I'm also having this problem... otherwise the apple tv client is good.  My Android and Fire TV boxes all fast forward perfectly.  Is there a way I can use a universal remote to fix the behaviour?  It would be nice if pressing the right direction just shot forward 10 seconds (or a configurable amount).

Please fix this!

• 1 month later...
Skillz001

I fixed this on my new Apple TV 4K by disabling the MPV player (for some reason that was enabled by default). You can change that setting in (Settings -> Playback Settings -> Enable MPV) and unchecking the box. Hope that helps anyone that has this issue. The crazy transport speed was the only thing making me want to use a different app.