4k playback problem

vgnnr140e

vgnnr140e

Hello guys new to emby, I have all my data via gdrive using netdrive to mount my drive locally on windows server, my internet speed is 1gb and when I play movie it's directly  but after a few minutes it's stops and buffers any suggestions btw all my devices are wired connection for better experience 

20210415_210201.jpg

Hello vgnnr140e,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

videopalace

Your video bitrate can NOT handle ANY internet connection, it is much too high.

RanmaCanada

You're trying to play a remux from a remote location.  It's common sense that it will be throttled by your ISP or by Google.  Move the files to local storage, PERIOD.  Ever since covid started ISP's have gotten extremely enthusiastic about throttling any and all traffic due to the sheer amount that was being used by people staying at home.  There are too many points of failure in your setup and NONE of them are the fault of Emby.  NONE.

Store your files locally for the best experience, even if it means building a file server.

vgnnr140e

I understand but why is it that plex never had an issue only on emby and both are direct play.

Edited by vgnnr140e

RanmaCanada

Maybe because Plex tunnels better?  There is far too much underlying code that could explain the difference, and also time.  When was the last time you tried to do this with plex?

Just stop trying to do this, and build a local server.

• Like 1

vgnnr140e

I know but building a local server means downloading all my content and that is to much is there a better solution

Spaceboy

you should be fine playing everything apart from 4k from g drive. so either download your 4k movies and set up a new local library or don't get 4k versions of movies

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
vgnnr140e

OK guys great news i was able to fix the problem, I been using 3rd party software such as netdrive and expandrive ect so whenever I wanted to play my content it did play but little did know that it stop so as my last resort I tried google drive the newest version and it allows you to mount your gdrive in your pc locally so I scanned my movies and It worked no more buffering playback is so smooth to the point i could skip through a 80 gig file and it plays like it was locally try it guys you wont regret it.  

• Like 1