How many account there are in Emby?

Eleumas31

Eleumas31

How many account there are in Emby?

i count:

1) Inside the app on server (my nas for me)

2) Emby Connect for remote connection... (but i never understand where are this data)

3) Data for login inside this forum...

So, please, someone can help me to understand? Thanks. :)

Happy2Play

There are 2.

You have your Local user account that you create on your server, and the Connect account that you can create to Link to your Local user to use online for remote connections so you don't have to know your WANIP.

The Forum username is the same account as Connect.

The linked Connect username passes your data to the local user account.

The forum has nothing to do with your Emby server.

Hi.  Also note that the Connect/forum account is completely optional.  It is not required to operate your system.

Eleumas31

Ok, so: Emby Connect has the same username, email and password of Forum.
If i change my data on forum i change my Emby Connect data. It's right?

I did some question in my screenshot.  Could you answer @Happy2Play and @ebr please?

Thanks.

emby.png

Happy2Play

1 Yes this is your local user account that can be use locally or remotely.  It is about how you connect ie localhost, LANIP, WANIP, Custom domain name.

2 is your Connect information, allows your server to talk to Emby's Connect server to give you access to your server via app.emby.media.  Emby Connect : Emby

Requires additional configuration for remote access.  Emby Connectivity : Emby

3 only applies to the local user account.  If you need to change your online password you do it via the forum/forgot password link.

Eleumas31

ok recap, the point 1 of my screenshot is my username for local access and remote access with LANIP or WANIP. Ok? The point 3 is my password for local access and remote access.

...but the point 2 i haven't understand. What is this? Maybe, if i add inside the field my username (Eleumas31) i can use this username with my forum password for login without LANIP or WANIP. It's right?

Thank you for your patience 🙂

4 hours ago, Eleumas31 said:

ok recap, the point 1 of my screenshot is my username for local access and remote access with LANIP or WANIP. Ok? The point 3 is my password for local access and remote access.

It doesn't matter whether you are local or remote.  If you provide the local username (or click on it) then that password is the one for that user.

4 hours ago, Eleumas31 said:

but the point 2 i haven't understand. What is this? Maybe, if i add inside the field my username (Eleumas31) i can use this username with my forum password for login without LANIP or WANIP. It's right?

Correct.  Linking to an Emby Connect (forum) account will allow you to connect to the server without knowing its address.

Emby Connect