Are You Still Watching?

pguillot69

pguillot69

I have been asked by my family if this can be disabled.  Is there a setting we can make to eliminate this.  It's bad enough when you set up a playlist and start it for the group of people to watch and someone always has to keep the remote handy  and this big banner slides into view.

If this is a timer related item great, let the users be able to adjust it.  Otherwise, let a playlist run it's course or even without a playlist.  Binge TV shows.

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, pguillot69 said:

I have been asked by my family if this can be disabled.  Is there a setting we can make to eliminate this.  It's bad enough when you set up a playlist and start it for the group of people to watch and someone always has to keep the remote handy  and this big banner slides into view.

If this is a timer related item great, let the users be able to adjust it.  Otherwise, let a playlist run it's course or even without a playlist.  Binge TV shows.

Sure it is a user option. User icon-Playback

Not positive if this is per device setting though.

Hi.  It is per device.  It sounds like maybe you're using Android TV - in which case it is under the Playback settings.

Chillout

My Roku flashes "are you still watching" banner after every episode.  I have it turned off in the server and the client side.  Somewhat annoying having to find the remote after an hour.

image.png.6861ed06d98b08ce60074a4e945afef8.png

Edited by Chillout

Happy2Play
44 minutes ago, Chillout said:

My Roku flashes "are you still watching" banner after every episode.  I have it turned off in the server and the client side.  Somewhat annoying having to find the remote after an hour.

image.png.6861ed06d98b08ce60074a4e945afef8.png

There is no server side setting for this.  Are you sure you disabled it in the Setting on Emby Roku channel?

2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

There is no server side setting for this.  Are you sure you disabled it in the Setting on Emby Roku channel?

Correct.  Please confirm if you turned this off in the Roku app settings (* key from home page).

This isn't a server or user setting but a device/client setting.

pguillot69

Yes, I can see now that it is a USER option and a per device option.

I made the change and deleted all of the devices and restarted them all.  The Banner went off on the TV's but was present on the 2 phones.  Perfect.  Thank You.

That is one thing that has to be done is the removal of the devices and then a restart.

• Like 1

Chillout

@pguillot69 Thank you - deleting the Device removed the 'are you still watching' notice.

Edited by Chillout

You also could have just configured it directly in the app that you're playing from.