Media (small): Different beahavior than Windows Server

MBSki

MBSki

This seems a bit odd, but the order of My Media seems different on WD EX2 Ultra than it is on Windows. Below are screen grabs of WD EX2 Ultra home page. The order seems to be going top row first, then the 2nd row. On Windows the My Media order starts with the highest in the order on the left and then moves to the right filling each block before going to the next column.

Hard to explain, but does that make sense? Seems like this version needs to be fixed to match what the Windows version does. 

image.png.ac448ddf93a6b6a0589ceb2313a87f36.png

image.thumb.png.7448e65a799e4b1fb7ac73425b9c1ddd.png

MBSki

Different device and different account as a result. And yes, and admin account.

Edit: Not a different client device. That's the same. It's the server that's different.

Edited by mbarylski

It could be that one is scrolling vertically, the other horizontally, and since there are two rows that will change the way they are laid out.

MBSki
1 hour ago, Luke said:

It could be that one is scrolling vertically, the other horizontally, and since there are two rows that will change the way they are laid out.

I don't understand. It's the same client, different server. Why would the client scroll vertically or horizontally based on the type of hardware that is used for the server? Is it possible the WD EX2 Ultra Server build isn't the same as the Windows build? Something is off. It should act the same exact way no matter what client or server. That was changed a few months back so they all worked the same way.  

There's some handling to cater to desktop users at larger screen sizes based on feedback.

MBSki
24 minutes ago, Luke said:

There's some handling to cater to desktop users at larger screen sizes based on feedback.

I see. It does work on mobile, but not in the web app. I prefer it to all be the same everywhere, but are you saying if I had enough for 3 rows, there would be 3 rows?

On my windows phone the beta actually is showing this in a way that makes it easier portrait or landscape to hit the most used first right to left... I have six currently..

I would assume that to work the same way if you did.. So the first three seen without scrolling would be the first three.. the second column the second group of three.. so on.. in order of appearance or priority.

Okay three from the phone on Edge WebUI and one from the System WebUI..

wp_ss_20210416_0005.thumb.png.ef2f5f0940afc149924afda4dac59083.pngwp_ss_20210416_0007.thumb.png.6fd498b14074ee0e9fd31b3544e303b4.pngwp_ss_20210416_0006.thumb.png.11e8adc3526c963b7d3f552152a8803d.png04_16.2021_162451.thumb.jpg.adb7ca56a9b528e763638b3c83993933.jpg

It also applies to the icons at the bottom of your screen as well..

Edited by Guest

MBSki

Thanks. So, the WD EX2 Ultra server software is doing if differently. In your setup, music would be at the right of movies. I think it's a glitch. It's not supposed to do it that way.

Look at the available screen real estate.. and what is first appearing.. in my first screenshot.. I am using AUTO for Display Settings.. so your looking at the MOBILE Version of the WebUI...

IF you are dealing with limited viewing 'TAP' space.. would you want to scroll over just to tap what you usually do.. BTW I have a HUGE screen resolution for my phone.. 1440 x 2560.. on a Phablet category phone  imagine a smaller one or a different scale.. can't remember what size exactly..

This is why the order is changed.. for being able to set it up for more convenient browsing, getting to what you want with minimal involvement..

Edited by Guest

MBSki

I'm not following you. Your servers are working correctly. What I'm saying is mine are not, but ONLY in the web app. 

This is the web app version:

image.thumb.png.f626fe87174a6ce2aa91cb664d711232.png

This is the mobile version of the same server. Below is correct. Above is not. 

Screenshot_20210417-082435_Emby.thumb.jpg.38b7bfb90b91de1c6c00b46ba221f753.jpg

@Luke Does that make sense? Can you please fix? 

MBSki
26 minutes ago, Hxemby001 said:

Looks like it is doing the same thing mine is..

Ah, sorry, i didn't catch that last image. Yea, that's the same behavior I'm seeing, but only on the WD EX2 NAS. Why is it only different on 1 of my servers? Seems like somethings wrong with the WD EX2 NAS Emby software compared to the windows server software. 

What server are you pointing at?

I am not going to argue with you on that point but as far as I can tell.. from what I see, and from what is posted here..

It is not malfunctioning. Try switching your display profile over to desktop on your mobile and watch what happens.

MBSki
3 hours ago, Hxemby001 said:

It is not malfunctioning. Try switching your display profile over to desktop on your mobile and watch what happens.

I see what you're saying, but on my NAS, switching between the 2 has absolutely no impact. It's the same in either display mode.

Have you refreshed your browser and made sure that account settings for display ( per account and device ) have been checked on both machines beforehand?

Edited by Guest

MBSki
1 hour ago, Hxemby001 said:

Have you refreshed your browser

Yep

1 hour ago, Hxemby001 said:

and made sure that account settings for display ( per account and device ) have been checked on both machines beforehand?

both machines? What do you mean both machines? The only place that the Display settings need to be changed is on the client. There's no server setting for display. Not that I'm aware of at least.  

What I am talking about...

Is if you are using I am guessing the same client device and logging into two different servers... Then you have two accounts or servers.. and within each account ( for each server you connect to ) you have settings which are separate for display.. Just like if you use two different devices to connect even to the same server.. for each device you use you must set settings up for each device the connection is coming from or each client.. within the same account.

This has been this way for as long as I can remember.

SO simply logging in will not cut it. Having the display set to AUTO will change automatically according to the device you are using. Most choose this option so that it simply defaults to the display settings for whatever device they are using.. ( and is the default setting )

Unless your user.db file is corrupted or not being accessed/locked.. These settings should apply.. If it was a bug.. someone could be able to reproduce the issue.

Happy2Play

@Luke Should order be the same no matter the view/mode?

LtR (desktop)

ltr.thumb.jpg.0cdf9007814f3aa818eda5bf4967a340.jpg

TtB (odds and evens) (mobile)

TtB.thumb.jpg.a58bed38a433be825866bfb7d863cac8.jpg

• Thanks 1

MBSki

Personally, I prefer it to be the same. Having it different has created some glitch where it doesn't even change anyway. So on 1 server I'm stuck with the top order and another server I have the bottom...I do prefer the bottom order.

Happy2Play

I believe they should be Left to Right for both (never liked Top to Bottom rows), but everyone will differ in opinion.

But I do not understand your two different server showing these different views, it is a display mode.