Emby Theater

MAX92
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

MAX92

Bonjour la communauté,

J'ai un comportement que je ne trouve pas normal mais je voudrais être sûr de ce que je dis. J'utilise un lecteur externe à Emby Theater. Mon idée est de lire les Blu-Ray avec MPC pour profiter des filtres, VLC pour les flux internet et le reste. 

J'ai donc paramétré les lecteurs VLC et MPC comme sur les captures d'écran.

Malheureusement, quand je lance le film "les évadés" qui est détecté comme un Blu-Ray, il lance VLC et non MPC. Qu'en pensez vous ? Est-ce qu'il faut comprendre que tous les fichiers vidéos quelque soit la qualité reste des "Fichiers Vidéos" pour EMBY ?

Merci

VLC.png

Kodi.png

Capture d’écran 2021-04-15 132252.png

Hi, can you show up the bottom of the detail screen for this movie where all the info about the file is shown?

Well that's just a normal video file (h.264/mkv) and not a blu ray so based on your settings would be played with VLC.

MAX92
Just now, cayars said:

Well that's just a normal video file (h.264/mkv) and not a blu ray so based on your settings would be played with VLC.

This is what I thought, although there is Blu-Ray on the film. If there a way to play 4k movie with a player and the other one with an other player ?

I don't think so.  But let's take a step back.

Why do you need to use a 3rd party player in the first place?  The MPV player used in Theater is quite a good player that can be adjusted itself.

MAX92
Just now, cayars said:

Why do you need to use a 3rd party player in the first place?  The MPV player used in Theater is quite a good player that can be adjusted itself.

Indeed, that' the good question. I use MPC-HC because there are some filter that improve the picture. So with 4k, the contrast, colors are better.

And sometimes I use VLC to watch movies at 2.3x.

May I suggest starting a new thread here in the Emby Theater section of the forum:
https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/54-emby-theater/

If you explain or can show a picture or two of your screen using the built in player you are very likely to get help adjusting Theater/MPV itself to give you a more quality picture negating the need to use a 3rd party player and the loss of functionality that comes from doing so.

Carlo

PrtSc button on your keyboard will copy the screen.  You can paste this into MS Paint to edit if needed.

MAX92

@cayars et voici

J'espère que les captures te montreront les différences. Je dirai ce qui ce voit le plus est que l'image est beaucoup plus nette et plus contrastée.

Il faut savoir que j'utile des filtres avec MPC et la configuration KAZ (La Config Kaz | KazCorporation | France)

Les 2 films sont en 4k. 

EMBY 1.png

MPC 1.png

EMBY 2.png

MPC 2.png

EMBY 3.png

MPC 3.png

Edited by MAX92
  • Like 1

That was my thought as well. Just changing the Tone Mapping Algorithm used can have a big affect on perceived quality without changing other settings if this even applies.

@MAX92 is this a 1080 system or 4K system you are using Theater on?

Edited by cayars

MAX92

I have a 1080 TV and a 4k Videoprojector.

I use MPC only on my videoprojector. The screenshoot was on my TV but the differents are much important on 4k.

So how do you switch between the TV and the projector?

What does the wiring look like (what connects to what)?

Which system do you have things adjusted for?

MAX92

My TV and my videoprojector are on my DENON X3600. There are 2 outputs. My mediacenter is one of my imput.

MPC is only for my videoprojetor but you can see what it does for my TV with the screenshot. It is much more visible with my videoprojector

I see this.. :rolleyes:... Noticed it earlier but didn't say anything... Still get good picture but clipping/distortion with EMBY is some cases. Easier to select something to watch and have info available. There are advantages of native apps.

MPC-HC (K-Lite Codec Pack FULL) is also less intensive on CPU and system resources too.. as far as trying to watch and transcode on the same machine. It is kind of the reason I used it for literally everything. Sometimes the Movie and TV app in windows had better sound but that seems to have worked out long time ago.

Edited by Guest