Emby Theater Microsoft Store App has no sound...

wildsprite

wildsprite

I'm not sure I understand what is happening here but

Emby Theater Microsoft Store App has no sound but Emby Theater desktop program does. (I was under the impression that Emby Theater App was meant to eventually replace the desktop version as there are features like the ability to see what downloads you have in the app but not the desktop version)

my Emby server is Emby 4.6.0.38 Beta. the sound was working before the 4.6.0.37 beta I believe but I don't think the issue started with the server update. 

I did try to search for this issue and came up with nothing so if someone else is having this issue on another thread could someone please point me to that thread?

thanks

wildsprite

I don't see any in Emby Theater from the microsoft store and it does not show under App Volume and Device preferences at all. 

What is it saying when you hover the Volume Icon in your TaskBar? Trying to see what output it is trying to use.. or if it is changed in anyway.. It should show up in Volume Mixer at the very least.

wildsprite

the sound is my main speakers and Emby Theater Microsoft store version doesn't show in the volume mixer at all. the desktop app shows in the mixer.

do you think I have this thread in the wrong place?

Happy2Play

Moved to Testing area but may need to be in Theater section.

Devs will probably need to see server log for a specific example.

• Thanks 1

wildsprite

do you happen to know which log? I see a bunch of them here

also how do I get the log for the Emby Theater app from the microsoft store? I found the logs for the Emby theater desktop app

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, wildsprite said:

do you happen to know which log? I see a bunch of them here

also how do I get the log for the Emby Theater app from the microsoft store? I found the logs for the Emby theater desktop app

I would start with a new server log and replicate your issue, then post that log.

Dashboard-Scheduled task, rotate log to start a new one.

• Thanks 1

wildsprite

I'm not sure if this will help or not, I feel like the log from the app would tell more but I don't know how to get it

Happy2Play

What is the media info on the item being played?  All I see in the log is Emby is streaming a mp4.  So I can only guess Emby is direct Playing something that needs converting.

Emby for Windows 1.1.345.0

Don't know if it will make a difference but can you upgrade to Emby for Windows 1.1.346.0?

Yes please supply a copy of the media info from the bottom of the web app detail screen. thanks.

• Thanks 1

wildsprite
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes please supply a copy of the media info from the bottom of the web app detail screen. thanks.

I'm at a loss for what you mean by "media info from the bottom of the web app detail screen" I don't know where I'm looking for such details but I still get no audio upon updating. I figured maybe stats for nerds might help though. 

image.png.1bdc71577d03b6a1d56f983c71f3f2f4.png 

Happy2Play

This will help but media info is found at the bottom of the episode details screen.

So is it playing no sound or just really low sound?  I have no issue playing media with roughly the same specs.

info.jpg.a283abaa8e5748e6ccee9f64e86abd5f.jpg

Server 4.6.0.38

ET Store app 1.1.346.0

• Thanks 1

wildsprite

no sound at all, this is happening on all the media I try to play with it, I could go and get you the info from it all but this app doesn't even show in the volume mixer or the sound panel that lets you choose what app goes to what device. 

the desktop app does. I tried removing the Microsoft store app and putting it back, that didn't help at all

Edited by wildsprite

Happy2Play

Not sure but I would bet it is isolated to this specific machine.  But someone more familiar with ET will have to comment.

• Thanks 1

wildsprite
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Not sure but I would bet it is isolated to this specific machine.  But someone more familiar with ET will have to comment.

perhaps this thread should be in the section for the ET app then?

Happy2Play

Sure as I don't believe it is related to the server since it is Direct Playing.  Moving to ET section.

• Thanks 1

wildsprite

1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Sure as I don't believe it is related to the server since it is Direct Playing.  Moving to ET section.

thank you for trying to help me

Have you tried this app on a different computer just to isolate this possibly to one machine?
Is sound in general outside of Emby working on this machine?

• Thanks 1

wildsprite
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Have you tried this app on a different computer just to isolate this possibly to one machine?
Is sound in general outside of Emby working on this machine?

the only other option I have is the PC with Emby server on it. but the microsoft store app refuses to connect to the server. 

the sound works on the desktop version, it works with the web version. it works on all of the Roku devices and my ipad. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a local issue to the one PC but I don't know how to fix it. I tried removing the app, rebooting the PC then putting it back but that didn't help. 

something I noticed is it says it is trying to play the videos through windows video player. I don't know what this is and I don't see any app of the sort on my PC. could I be missing some sort of codec for it?