TrueNAS 12.0-u1.1 - No compatible streams are currently available.

MoSquTo
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

MoSquTo

Hi All,

I'm trying to deploy the emby server jail for Truenas but I keep getting the following error message:

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

In the logs I see a couple of error message that might be the cause, but I'm not sure how to resolve this.
I Checked the permission on the file and it is set to 777 just to be sure it is not a permission issue.

2021-04-15 20:05:04.858 Error MediaProbeManager: Error running Ffprobe -i file:"/mnt/movies/Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) 1080P/The.Empire.Strikes.Back.1980.Bluray-1080p.RPG.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.5.4.0
    Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.exe -os freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd_{version}_amd64.txz
    Operating system: Unix 12.2.2.0 
    Framework: Mono: 5.10.1.57 (5.10.1.57 Sat Mar 27 10:56:18 UTC 2021)
    OS/Process: X64/X64
    Runtime: usr/local/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll
    Processor count: 4
    Data path: /var/db/emby-server
    Application path: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system
    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): ApplicationName='/usr/local/bin/ffprobe', CommandLine='-i file:"/mnt/movies/amovie/amovie.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data', CurrentDirectory='/usr/local/bin', Native error= Cannot find the specified file
      at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) [0x002dc] in <b3922b7d60404fa9ae645f1fb97f5b6b>:0

021-04-15 20:05:04.859 Error App: Error in ffprobe
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.5.4.0
    Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.exe -os freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd_{version}_amd64.txz
    Operating system: Unix 12.2.2.0 
    Framework: Mono: 5.10.1.57 (5.10.1.57 Sat Mar 27 10:56:18 UTC 2021)
    OS/Process: X64/X64
    Runtime: usr/local/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll
    Processor count: 4
    Data path: /var/db/emby-server
    Application path: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system
    System.Exception: System.Exception: Error running ffprobe for file:"/mnt/movies/amovie/amovie.mkv" - 
      at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Probing.MediaProbeManager+<GetMediaInfoInternal>d__9.MoveNext () [0x001a8] in <14744d5e40ba462db286c197a33c53b3>:0 

Many Thanks!

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-1ab8ac8b-8140-4b8d-9a24-13649c2daaf2_1.txt

Despite the solution above I am still having problems running the Plugin on TrueNAS.  There are 2 plugins available and I am not sure which one is the one supported by this community:

image.png.94e13368be88e96b207c866fb0043d23.png

I trashed my working version of the plugin, but upgrading and allowing it to upgrade the FreeBSD version (Oops!).  Then I have tried both of the above plugins and got the "No compatible streams" error on both of them.  In the end I Created a jail myself, the latest 12.X, set a fixed IP, and the only other change from the default jail settings was to allow the jail to have "allow_raw_sockets"

image.png.fc1f2de7d76aab4aae157427a250741d.png

and then followed the [Freebsd setup instructions](https://emby.media/freebsd-server.html).  Finally I have a working server again...

Any advice on which plugin and how to avoid the "No compatible streams" issue?  I think that somehow the plugins were mismatching the FreeBSD version and the target emby-server executable.  11.x vs 12.x...

MoSquTo
31 minutes ago, axxe said:

Despite the solution above I am still having problems running the Plugin on TrueNAS.  There are 2 plugins available and I am not sure which one is the one supported by this community:

image.png.94e13368be88e96b207c866fb0043d23.png

I trashed my working version of the plugin, but upgrading and allowing it to upgrade the FreeBSD version (Oops!).  Then I have tried both of the above plugins and got the "No compatible streams" error on both of them.  In the end I Created a jail myself, the latest 12.X, set a fixed IP, and the only other change from the default jail settings was to allow the jail to have "allow_raw_sockets"

image.png.fc1f2de7d76aab4aae157427a250741d.png

and then followed the [Freebsd setup instructions](https://emby.media/freebsd-server.html).  Finally I have a working server again...

Any advice on which plugin and how to avoid the "No compatible streams" issue?  I think that somehow the plugins were mismatching the FreeBSD version and the target emby-server executable.  11.x vs 12.x...

Hi Axe,

You have to get the "Unofficial released" version here.
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/iocage-amd64/tree/truenas12

And then install it using the following methode:

https://www.truenas.com/community/resources/create-an-unofficial-iocage-plugin.99/

Basically the following commands:

1. git clone -b truenas12 https://github.com/jsegaert/iocage-plugin-tetris.git
2. cd iocage-amd64
3. chmod +x post_install.sh
4. sudo iocage fetch -P emby-server.json ip4_addr="em0|192.168.0.220/24"

The last command might need some adjustment as this is environment specific (Like IP's, network cards etc.) 

• 1 month later...
gaudenzio

Hi, I shared my solution on the other thread, hope this helps.

3 hours ago, gaudenzio said:

Hi all,

I just wanted to share this pretty straightforward method, that worked for me like a charm. (Truenas 12.0 Release)

Step 1.

From Truenas GUI, create an empty Jail version 12.2 with the default settings

Step 2. 

Start the jail and open the shell from the Truenas GUI. It will open a shell with the root user.

Step 3. 

Install emby with the given instructions for Freebsd 12.

https://emby.media/freebsd-server.html

In my case, i used the version 4.6.0.50, so the correct filename to use should be "emby-server-freebsd12_4.6.0.50_amd64.txz". I suggest to check if there's a newer version.

It works perfectly in my Truenas system without any ffprobe/ffmpeg error.

Hope this helps.