Audio problem on Samsung Smartphone

Alexwerilles

Alexwerilles

I have a problem on the samsung smartphone

some videos that I converted to MP4 / AAC, are audio defective on the Samsung smartphone. Any Samsung smartphone.

If the video is in MKV / AC3, it plays perfectly. However, if I convert it to MP4 / AAC, using the Emby converter, there is no audio and only a squeak. This only happens on the Samsung smartphone. On other smartphones the video plays smoothly

Hi, this is playing back on the Samsung phone using the web player?
How does it play if using the Emby Client?

• 2 weeks later...
Alexwerilles
On 4/14/2021 at 3:19 PM, cayars said:

Hi, this is playing back on the Samsung phone using the web player?
How does it play if using the Emby Client?

apologies for the delay. Yes, the problem also occurs in the Emby app

Can you show us the bottom of the detail screen of one of these problem files? so we can see all codec info?

• 1 month later...
Alexwerilles

Sorry for the delay. From my tests, this is happening in the web version. No problem in Emby app

What versions of server and client software are you using at this point?
Have you upgraded to the latest?

Alexwerilles
24 minutes ago, cayars said:

What versions of server and client software are you using at this point?
Have you upgraded to the latest?

this problem is only happening in the web client version. In the Emby app for android there is no problem with the audio

I've already updated the server to 4.6.2

Thanks. Can you please also attach the information that I requested? server/ffmpeg logs? Thanks.

Alexwerilles
On 6/10/2021 at 12:36 PM, Luke said:

Thanks. Can you please also attach the information that I requested? server/ffmpeg logs? Thanks.

I sent you the logs by message

Hi, I think this will be resolved in Emby Server 4.6.3, although you'll need to convert the file again. Thanks.

Alexwerilles
On 6/15/2021 at 1:04 PM, Luke said:

Hi, I think this will be resolved in Emby Server 4.6.3, although you'll need to convert the file again. Thanks.

I've upgraded to 4.6.3 and the same problem continues.

The problem happens with any MP4/AAC file. Even the ones I didn't convert. I added files where the release is already in MP4 and it still has this problem

Alexwerilles

This issue started to happen in version 4.5.4. Files converted when the version was 4.5.0 do not have this problem. Files that are already in MP4/AAC and that were not converted when version 4.5.0 did not have this problem either.

Alexwerilles

the problem was solved by converting the video again, already in the new version. The problem is that there are too many videos to convert. Thank you anyway

Alexwerilles

The issue has not been resolved.

I converted the old files that had a problem, and I also converted new files and the audio got the same problem again.

Alexwerilles
On 19/06/2021 at 10:48, Alexwerilles said:

o problema foi resolvido convertendo o vídeo novamente, já na nova versão. O problema é que existem muitos vídeos para converter. Obrigado mesmo assim

When I said that the problem had been resolved, it was because I converted a video and apparently it wasn't a problem anymore.

However, now I converted other videos and it's having a problem with those videos.

Most of these videos were with AC3 audio.

I converted to the following format:

mobile
Quality: Custom 6 Mbps

Alexwerilles

I put a few more videos in MP4, unconverted videos (videos already downloaded from the internet in MP4). And there is also the problem problem, the audio is only with hiss and noise in Samsung smartphone.

In summary: This problem occurs with any video in MP4, converted by Emby or not.

Do these files playback on on a computer in the web player or in Theater?
If so I would try to clear the cache and uninstall the Emby app on your Samsung and then re-install the app.

Let us know if that helps.

Alexwerilles
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Do these files playback on on a computer in the web player or in Theater?
If so I would try to clear the cache and uninstall the Emby app on your Samsung and then re-install the app.

Let us know if that helps.

This issue only occurs in the web version of Emby. In the Emby app the audio does not present a problem