Bluetooth Audio

jasonwilliams

jasonwilliams

Hello,

I'm using Android on a Galaxy Tab S8 with Emby from the playstore and I have a problem when using Bluetooth audio.  When trying to playback AC3 5.1 audio, I get the error "No Compatible Streams".  The same media will play if I use the builtin speakers on the Galaxy Tab.

It plays successfully on Bluetooth if I use the Web Client running in Chrome on the device.  Is Bluetooth audio supported using the app?

Thanks,

Jason

Just to help understanding this.

Do you already have BT audio working before you start Emby?

jasonwilliams

Hi cayars,

Yes, BT is working generally on the device.  I can playback with BT through the Emby Web Client.  It is just the Playstore client for Emby that doesn't playback with BT audio.

• Like 1

Hmm. Would you mind providing an android system bug report:

https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/bug-report#bugreportdevice

So basically you'll need to first enable developer options on your device, then open up the Emby app, recreate the problem, and then follow the steps in the link above to obtain a bug report. Then please attach that here. Thanks !

revengineer

I have played TV for ~5 hours through Bluetooth and all seems to be working well. I will continue to test but am cautiously optimistic that the issue is resolved. Will keep you posted if something changes.

• Like 1

jasonwilliams

It's also working for me.  I'm still testing different formats, but so far it has worked perfectly.

I'll post again tomorrow after further testing to confirm.

Thanks!!

• Like 1

jasonwilliams

Hi All,

I spent the entire day endurance testing various types of media (FLAC, H.264, Live TV, MP3, BluRay) and the audio never fails.  At this point I'd say the solution works!

I'm a heavy user of the Android client, so I will update this thread if anything changes, but for now the solution is delivered.

Thanks for the help!

Jason

• Like 1