[Chromecast w/ Google TV] Stutter/Stop with or w/o Transcoding

Zoxfee
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Zoxfee

I tested my emby-server setup through the web client on a chrome browser for some time now. Most videos play without a hitch as long as I have transcoding enabled.

I tested a few files yesterday on my Chromecast using the Emby app (unlocked) and all worked except for one. Interestingly all three worked on the web client. Between the three the only difference the Emby app showed was the audio codec (working files were DTS 1.5, failing file was AC3). Mediainfo reflects this.

So to troubleshoot I switched between audio transcoding and audio directstream. Both times the same file failed in the same locations of the file. Regardless if I play up to the stop point or seek to just before it it seems to be on the same frame of the file where the stop occurs.

I do not believe it is file corruption as it plays cleanly through the web client on chrome and streaming directly to VLC on a pc.

Attached are the relavent logs. Note: neither the Emby app nor server fully crashed due to this, only a skip & and playback reset on the Emby app

ffmpeg-remux-53c0c92f-56d1-48b1-92d9-330de4089c5b_1.txt embyserver-63753868800.txt ffmpeg-directstream-8023bb6c-7731-4410-bc98-ef509f61c526_1.txt

Hi.  If you use the playback correction option (cog menu during playback) to force transcoding, does the item play past that point?

Zoxfee

Tried this just now. Seems to freeze at the same moments as before. "Stats for nerds" shows the only transcoding is bringing the audio to AAC from DOLBY. ffmpeg on the server never dips below 70% (single thread though, of four, and averages >94%).

Playback through the rest of the file is clean just as before the playback correction. Seems to only happen at a few specific moments without fail.

ffmpeg-remux-3ed857cf-c30e-4eba-b89d-a3a72c41868c_1.txt embyserver.txt

• Solution
Happy2Play

Not entirely sure what the error is but you are gettting a I/O error on this media

System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: Input/output error

[matroska,webm @ 0x14361c0] Read error
/media/Harddrive/Media/PTP/The.Nice.Guys.2016.720p.BluRay.x264-HANDJOB.mkv: Input/output error

Edited by Happy2Play

Zoxfee

... Well that is strange as hell, had this working on the web client and now it is not.

Tried streaming to vlc, skips in the same spots.  Corrupted media it may damn well be.

Sorry for the goose-chase. Thanks for the help.

• Like 1