M3U URL not being picked up, error

embykads

embykads

Hi, I am new to Emby and trying it out to see if I can switch from Plex/Kodi to one single source for my home media. 

I have a M3U URL, and have read all the posts etc as well as the how to guides, but still get an error. (error Log attached with IPTV URL redacted)

I have tested the IPTV URL, it downloads fine - when I download it and setup Emby via local file it works, just doesnt like the M3U URL.

Emby installed on MacBook Pro - 2013

Using Chrome to use the Emby Server on the mac. 

Tried it from home, and office to rule out wifi, also tried via VPN. 

Please can you advise on how to resolve.

embyserver.txt

Edited by embykads
added more info

BillOatman

InvalidDataException: The archive entry was compressed using an unsupported compression method.

It seems to like the URL fine, it doesn't like the file itself.  Can you post the first part of the file, removing sensitive data like your account credentials.

Hi,

The error I see is:

The archive entry was compressed using an unsupported compression method.

If you can download and unzip/uncompress the file and get that to work in Emby you can use it that way.

embykads

Hi, I don't know what compression format as I have purchased this IPTV from a provider. Would my provider be able to change this?

BillOatman

Compressing xmltv files I have seen because those things can get pretty large. Never heard of, and don't see the point of, compressing a m3u file to be honest.

@embykads When you download the file can you open it in notepad or whatever directly and is it readable?  Otherwise I'd ask the provider what compression is used and if you can have it not compressed.  

I have tested the IPTV URL, it downloads fine - when I download it and setup Emby via local file it works, just doesnt like the M3U URL.

So you download it, do nothing to it at all, point emby at the local file and it works?
I see this in your log, which implies local file is also having a problem.

Edited by BillOatman

When you put the url in a browser, what gets downloaded? Is it the m3u directly, or some kind of zip file?

• 3 weeks later...
manolodf
On 4/13/2021 at 12:58 PM, Luke said:

When you put the url in a browser, what gets downloaded? Is it the m3u directly, or some kind of zip file?

Hi Luke,

So I think I figured out why people are having issues, I am having the exact same issue, its because those providers switched to XUI panel vs the old XC panel.  

If you want to contact me privately I can supply a sample URL to hopefully help debug it. 

In my case when I download the url it downloads an m3u file, not some zip. 

E2A5F853-F062-46AE-A18D-B10397B1C7F6.jpeg

Edited by manolodf

Hi, If you're still having an issue with this you can PM some test data and I can take a look at it for you.

Carlo

• 2 months later...
jamessouth

Seem to be bouncing from thread to thread currently while I investigate Live TV.

I've purchased a source that I can open with VLC but Emby shows the same exception as above. If I visit the same URL the browser will allow me to download the M3U file which I can then open locally.

I'm happy to privately share the link to allow debugging 

Send it to me privately and I'll be happy to take a look at this for you.

• Like 1

I sent you a PM back that basically said the URL you sent me returns a 404 (not found) error.

Maybe you have a typo in the URL?

You should be able to take the link and paste it in a browser URL line and have the m3u file download.