No DLNA volume control on iPad

gedger

gedger

App version. 2.03 (paid version)

Sever Version. 4.5.4.0

DLNA device. Denon CEOL Picolo

When playing  music to the above using DLNA via the web interface I get a volume control which works fine. However, when using the App there’s no volume control in the remote control, can this be fixed in anyway?

thanks

Richard

gedger

Sorry for the late reply, I have not been in a position to test.

I never though of trying the hardware buttons but they make no difference, they only adjust the local iPad volume not the end DLNA device.

gedger

That’s correct. If I do it via a web browser on the iPad then I get a volume control in the remote control. If I do it by the Emby App then there’s no volume control so I have to launch the web browser, select the end device, go to remote control and then update the volume which defeats using the App really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
gedger

An update on this issue. After upgrading to 4.6.2 from 4.5.4 the volume buttons on the iPad controlled the DLNA device plus there was a volume icon in the remote control. These then disappeared/stopped working after about 5 seconds of use and haven't been back since. Puzzling....

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 5:11 AM, gedger said:

An update on this issue. After upgrading to 4.6.2 from 4.5.4 the volume buttons on the iPad controlled the DLNA device plus there was a volume icon in the remote control. These then disappeared/stopped working after about 5 seconds of use and haven't been back since. Puzzling....

Hi @gedger are you still running into this with Emby for iOS 2.0.8?

gedger

Upgraded yesterday and can confirm that he hardware volume buttons on iPad now work in 2.0.8, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
gedger

Not quite fully working…If you leave the app playing, a playlist for instance, and then go back 30 minutes later (I presume the app has backgrounded?) then the volume doesn’t work. Disconnecting from the DLNA device and then reconnecting, it prompts for remote control, doesn’t work. However, killing the instance, I.e. swiping the app away from the app list and then restarting restores volume control.

• 3 months later...
14 minutes ago, gedger said:

Unfortunately that's worse, I can't get the volume control to work at all now.

Hi, can you please explain in more detail what you mean? Thanks.

Sure, the process I follow is.

Run Emby on iPad.

Select the DLNA player from the play on menu. In my case its a Denon CEOL Piccolo.

Select a song and play it.

The DLNA player detects the request, turns on and starts playing the song.

At this point the hardware volume buttons on the iPad do not control the volume on the DLNA device, although they did in the previous release.

In the previous release the volume keys did work but after playing for around 30 minutes the iPad hardware volume keys stopped working. Disconnecting or reconnecting would not work but killing the app (swipe away) would restore.

In the current 2.09 version I can't get the volume to work at all.

• 2 weeks later...