Sony TV issue with 1920x800 videos

GarethSmith

GarethSmith

Hello - has anyone seen this issue and been able to resolve it?

https://github.com/google/ExoPlayer/issues/8394

Basically - whenever I have a video which is exactly 800 pixels high and played in Emby it has a flickering line at the bottom. It looks as though it's some sort of issue between Sony's Android TV implementation or hardware and Exoplayer.

There is some detail in the link around the cause being "sharing" the player activity within a webview rather than creating a new player activity withing the webview.

Is there anything that can be done to resolve this strange issue?

Edited by GarethSmith
Typo

Which Emby app are you running?  The Android TV/Fire TV app does not use a webview.

GarethSmith

I just use the Android TV app v1.8.55g on my Sony XF9005 and whenever I play a video with that specific resolution I see a flickering line at the bottom. It apparently used to be seen in Plex and other apps which use Exoplayer and is a bug from Sony.

Okay.  The Exo dev's explanation of the issue must be incorrect because we do not use a webview for video display in that app.

GarethSmith

Thanks for looking at it. I could go through all my video files and see if I could try to crop them by 1px to solve this but I was wondering if there was any solution or setting I could try within Emby?

No, I don't think there will be anything you could do at this time - other than use the zoom function but that will distort the video.