Any way of reducing the size of the library banners on the Roku app ?

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I've added custom graphics for each of my libraries on the server but when I load the Roku app on my Roku TV, they are massive - they take up almost half the home screen.   On the desktop, I've got the home screen set to "My Media (Small)" but this doesn't seem to reflect on the Roku app.

In fact, I wouldn't mind shrinking the whole display overall really, much like the android version.

Is there anything I can do ?

Hi.  Can you show us a screen shot?  The library tiles should be basically the same size as all the other tiles on the screen.

Thanks.

ClemFandango

Yes, that would probably help.  Sorry :).   Here we go, it's a 43 inch screen as well.

IMG_20210410_150731.JPG

pwhodges

That's about what it looks like on my system, too.  Over the past year of using Emby I've become resigned to what I think of as "the supremacy of the image" which causes information to be squeezed out for pretty visuals.  A whole screen being taken up to display just six items is not what I think of as good use of space.  But I don't often complain, because it's clear reading around that people prefer things that way.

Paul

• Agree 1

ClemFandango
4 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

That's about what it looks like on my system, too.  Over the past year of using Emby I've become resigned to what I think of as "the supremacy of the image" which causes information to be squeezed out for pretty visuals.  A whole screen being taken up to display just six items is not what I think of as good use of space.  But I don't often complain, because it's clear reading around that people prefer things that way.

Paul

Thanks.   It's just a little disappointing really with all the hassle I went through to finally get it working with my content and I find out it's like this.    The Android version for Android TV was much better layout wise.

I'd love to try Jellyfin but they don't have a version for my nas drive unfortunately.

ClemFandango
1 minute ago, Luke said:

My need to look at implementing the my media small option in this app. Thanks.

Or just a more general "Small", "Medium" or "Large" option for the layout ?

@Luke The small library tiles and library buttons are both possible. As is so much else you already know. I can get this on our internal tracker so we can make this happen. ;)

Reference: Issue #1097: [Home] Implement more display types for my media (small library tiles, library buttons ,etc)

Edited by speechles

40 minutes ago, Luke said:

My need to look at implementing the my media small option in this app. Thanks.

But @ClemFandango you want your custom artwork, not the label-only tiles, correct?

ClemFandango
1 minute ago, ebr said:

But @ClemFandango you want your custom artwork, not the label-only tiles, correct?

Honestly, i can do without the artwork if it comes down to it.   I just added it because it's how I used to have Emby set up when I had an nVidia Shield console plugged in to my TV some years ago.   It would be nice if it could be kept, but it's not the end of the world.

Okay.  Right now, the library row is assuming 16x9 images which is why they are spread out more than you saw on the Shield.  We'll see if we can discover the proper aspect and adjust to it.

Thanks.