Play to UPnP player from Home Theater app?

realcodeguy

realcodeguy

Is there any way at all to play to a UPnP player from within the Emby Home Theater app? I want to use Emby to manage my library and browse it in my dedicated home theater using the remote, but I want to play movies to my Oppo 203 once I select something to watch. This works in the mobile app but I don't see it in the Home Theater app. Thanks!

Hi, it's there, but not in TV display mode, given that it's not a typical TV app feature. You'd have to change the app display mode to desktop, but given your desire to use a remote control, you probably don't want to do that.

An option to use this feature in TV mode is possible for the future.

• Like 1

realcodeguy
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, it's there, but not in TV display mode, given that it's not a typical TV app feature. You'd have to change the app display mode to desktop, but given your desire to use a remote control, you probably don't want to do that.

An option to use this feature in TV mode is possible for the future.

I would really appreciate that if it's easy enough to expose.

• 3 weeks later...
realcodeguy

So I had an idea, I installed the Android TV app on my Dune-HD player thinking it would be closer to the mobile app. It does have an option to play to an external player. Is that list by chance driven by a configuration file where I could add an external physical player? I'm still stuck using my phone to play to my OPPO as I've found nothing that can do what I want yet. 

On 4/30/2021 at 10:45 PM, realcodeguy said:

So I had an idea, I installed the Android TV app on my Dune-HD player thinking it would be closer to the mobile app. It does have an option to play to an external player. Is that list by chance driven by a configuration file where I could add an external physical player? I'm still stuck using my phone to play to my OPPO as I've found nothing that can do what I want yet. 

Hi, no, our android tv app uses a system menu to allow you to pick other video player apps on the device. Our app has no knowledge of what other apps you may have installed.

realcodeguy

Major bummer. It would be so easy to add I'd think. 😀

It's hard to believe I'm the only guy who wants to browse his collection on a screen and play to an external hardware player. Oh well, still better than Plex.

This has been requested before, so it's always possible for the future. Thanks.