TV Show Naming

BruceDavid
Go to solution Solved by pwhodges,

BruceDavid

Hi,

I am saving episodes of "Homicide Life on the Street" as individual MP4 files ripped from the DVD.

I am using the following naming convention:

Homicide - S01E01 - episode name.mp4

The issue that I've run into is that the order of the episodes in the DVD is, according to the DVD, the order in which the producer intended, it is not the order in which they were broadcast.

So, for example, one of my episodes is "Homicide - S01E03 - The Night of the Dead Living.mp4." But, that episode apparently was the ninth episode broadcast and the third episode broadcast was an episode called "Son of a Gun."

Emby thinks that my third episode is the "Son of a Gun" episode, not the "Night of the Dead Living" episode.

Is there a way for me to get Emby to recognize (or manually override) the "Night of the Dead Living" as the third episode instead of it thinking that my third episode is "Son of a Gun?"

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Bruce

• Solution
pwhodges

Check on TVDB how complete its information is, but in theory they have broadcast, DVD, and absolute episode numbering available.  If that is properly set up at TVDB you can select the order you want on the "Edit Metadata" page for the series, near the bottom.

Paul

• Like 1