Emby Guide Data

TEKDUDE
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

TEKDUDE

Something very strange is happening. I am using an M3u tuner, and mapping channels based on Emby Guide Data for my area. After I have mapped my tuner list channels to Emby, the guide refreshes. I then proceed to watch live TV and the guide is pulling in from the last channel I mapped. This makes no sense. Any ideas on what is happening here?

EGD.PNG

channels mapping.PNG

embyserver.txt

TEKDUDE
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi @TEKDUDE what do you mean by "last channel i mapped" ? 

Did you mean to map all of those to CNN?

No. I have around 100 channels or so. I mapped each channel from M3u list to EGD based on my location per channel. What I am saying is that, for example, if CNN is the last channel I mapped, I then exit and come back in, the guide now has all channels mapped to CNN which makes no sense.

I've never seen that happen before. What if you just go back in and fix one of them?

TEKDUDE
4 hours ago, Luke said:

I've never seen that happen before. What if you just go back in and fix one of them?

Same. Example, the first one in my image. The channel is Bravo and I mapped it as Bravo, yet somehow they all changed to CNN. Now if I just map that first entry as Bravo, exit and come back to the map channels, all channels under it will also now be Bravo. I know, it makes no sense.

TEKDUDE
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Do all of the channels in the m3u happen to have the same number or tvg-id?

Doesn't look like it. The provider I am using has a crap ton of channels that I don't necessarily need. I am using an app called Tantrum IPTV M3u editor to filter out only the channels I want, around 100. Each channel has its own unique number at the end of the link, which is the TV channel. The app has a column called ChannelID but they are all blank. Sample below.

Sample.png

What is the full label of that second column where all of them are blank...?  Channel ID by any chance?

TEKDUDE
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

What is the full label of that second column where all of them are blank...?  Channel ID by any chance?

That is correct. None of which are populated.

1 minute ago, TEKDUDE said:

That is correct. None of which are populated.

There is your answer.  All the channels have the same internal ID so, when you map one,  you map them all.

I suspect your editing tool is causing the problem.  If you use the raw m3u do things map properly?

TEKDUDE
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

There is your answer.  All the channels have the same internal ID so, when you map one,  you map them all.

I suspect your editing tool is causing the problem.  If you use the raw m3u do things map properly?

Have not tried the raw M3u file. Is there any correlation in using the channel ID field? For example, I am using Spectrum / Charter line up in the Cleveland area, so if I map TNT from M3u file and use channel 061 for the channel ID, will that solve the issue?

• Solution

If you give each channel a unique ID your problem should be solved.  You can mimic another guide or channel list if you like but the important thing is have unique IDs.

Try that and let us know how you make out.  If this doesn't solve your problem I can do a remote session with you to have a look see at what's going on with you.

Carlo 

TEKDUDE
21 minutes ago, cayars said:

If you give each channel a unique ID your problem should be solved.  You can mimic another guide or channel list if you like but the important thing is have unique IDs.

Try that and let us know how you make out.  If this doesn't solve your problem I can do a remote session with you to have a look see at what's going on with you.

Carlo 

Thanks, I will give that shot and report back.

• Like 1