Streaming to Xbox One DLNA got worse?

Ironman273

Ghostm

Also once you add mkv under direct play in the xbox one profile please let us know how it worked for you. 

Edited by Ghostm

Z33KtheG33K

I am still having the same issue when playing to the xbox one from the media server. I'm not sure if I added the info right though. 

Here is the info from the update. I hope it helps. I can say that I put an mkv file I had onto a thumb drive and tried to play it but it still didn't work.

Xbox One compatible file types:

• 3gp audio
  • 3gp video
  • 3gp2
  • aac
  • adts
  • animated gif
  • asf
  • avi divx
  • avi dv
  • avi uncompressed
  • avi xvid
  • bmp
  • jpg
  • gif
  • h264 avchd
  • mjpeg
  • mkv
  • mov
  • mp3
  • mpeg 1 ps
  • mpeg 2
  • mpeg 2 hd
  • mpeg 2 ts
  • mpeg 4 h264 aac
  • mpeg 4 sp
  • png
  • tiff
  • wav
  • wma
  • wma lossless
  • wma pro
  • wma voice
  • wmv
  • wmv hd

Ghostm

Hmmm if you put it on a thumb drive and it didnt work maybe its something else with xbox as this is very early stuff. 

What kind of file are you trying to play? What kind of audio is in the file?

Happy2Play

Along with the media info, please provide server and transcode logs.

Z33KtheG33K

ok I will try and get this info for you when I get home tonight. I have to warn you I am not a pro at this but I will see what I can find

**EDIT**

Forgot I could log into the server from here for a minute.. I am not sure where to find the logs you are looking for.  The one video I tried to play off the Thumb Drive that didn't work was a MKV and I figure it just has to do with something in the audio or video codec that it didn't like. Here is the info for that file I hope it helps:

Video
CodecH264
ProfileHigh
Level41
Resolution1280x720
Aspect Ratio16:9
AnamorphicNo
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.97602
Bitrate3041 kbps
Bit Depth8 bit
Pixel Formatyuv420p

Audio
CodecAC3
Layout5.1
Bitrate448 kbps
Sample Rate48000 khz
DefaultYes
Edited by Z33KtheG33K

Ghostm

the logs are found in 

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server

If its not playing on a thumb drive directly on the one I am not sure if theirs much mb3 will be able to do, i dont know if the file has issues or not. The only way would be to remove mkv, and ac3 entries from the direct play tab in the xbox one dlna profiles and hit save and see if mb3 will transcode it to something the one likes. 

But that is not really a good option direct play is their so mb3 does not have to transcode. 

Z33KtheG33K

"If its not playing on a thumb drive directly on the one I am not sure if theirs much mb3 will be able to do, i dont know if the file has issues or not."

-- Yeah I was just saying the Xbox One isn't supporting my MKV directly so it would still need to be transcoded. It is the AC3 audio that the XB1 doesn't support. 

When I get back home tonight I will clear the logs and try to play to the XB1 and then I will know which log to send.

Ghostm

If it does not like the ac3 audio you can just easily remove it from the direct play tab in the xbox one dlna profile, then just remember to hit save.

After that in the transcode tab of the profile (in video section) change ac3 to aac and see if that works, again remember to hit the save button below. 

Scott310

I believe I may be experiencing this issue as well.  Before the last two updates, DLNA streaming to both Xbox One and my Xbox 360 worked beautifully.  Now it is very compressed and pixelated on both devices.  It is also pixelated when using the web app on my IOS device.

Also I read that transcoding was supposed to be better with this release but it seems worse.  I have a family member that accesses my media with a roku over the web.  Ever since the updates, I am told that movies are choppy and tend to stop and start.  Where as it worked perfectly fine before.

Please let me know if you need my logs. :)

post-4444-0-26777900-1409000204_thumb.png

post-4444-0-73740200-1409000228_thumb.png